watchmaker lost a screw for my springbar!

Thread: watchmaker lost a screw for my springbar!

Angry watchmaker lost a screw for my springbar!

well, my bubble was mildly burst today. i got a stowa pd 3 days ago and attempted to remove the bracelet springbars myself, but to no avail. so, i brought it to the local fink's jewelers (where i always go if i can't do it myself!) and had the watchmaker remove the bracelet for me. took 20 minutes and i ran home to put the head on a nato . when i attempted this there were 2 screws in the baggie holding the bracelet and springbars. but, one of the screws definately did not belong!!! i tried it anyways, out of sheer hope,desperation,whichever...with no luck . i called the fink's number and of course, the watchmaker was out to lunch. i called 1 hr later and he told the girl i was speaking to he was still trying to find it...and he still is at this moment . luckily, i had a set of fat springbars from my os300 and these fit the stowa perfectly and i've been able to go about my day since. now, i'm just venting here, but seriously, i just want to know how to go about getting another springbar screw for my pd...please if anyone knows how to do this, please pm me. i'm gonna email stowa also to see how much this is going to cost. i know the watchmaker is busy, and otherwise, he did a good job. but, i would think he'd keep all the stuff for the same watch in the same pile. oh well, murphy's law man!

Re: watchmaker lost a screw for my springbar!

i highly doubt stowa would charge you for this. If you explain the circumstances. Stowa from what I hear have excellent customer service....and I would imagine that they would realize that you have spent a lot of money for the watch, and hopefully won't charge you for a small tiny screw. good luck, and sorry to hear of this misfortune. I don't think you'll have a problem, but please post for everyone else the outcome of your situation including what Stowa says. Cheers!

hi sorry that your jewelr lost the screw that sucks. easy to do though. anyway one of my prodivers had messed up screws and i emailed stowa and asked how much replacements would be, they wouldn't let me pay for them i would have because i sure wasn't the original owner and the watch was out of warranty anyways. within a week i had a new set curtesy of stowa.

outstanding customer service.
    cricket
    Ocean7 G2
    Stowa Prodiver
    Ocean7 American
    Ocean7 G1
    Ocean7 LM3
    Citizen aqualand
    Seiko 7s26-01x0 orange dial
    Seiko 6309 bought in hong kong in 81
    Sector Adv4000
    Accutron ti
    Cartier tank watch
    Wittnauer 14k

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thank you "tahb".the watchmaker called and said he could not find it on his work bench.he offered to get me a "new one" and asked me to drop off the remaining screw to figure out the size. i'm gonna wait until i hear from stowa 1st because i'm a bit hesitant to drop it off again...if you know what i mean!!! but, the orient star 300 fat bars are working very well, so i can at least wear it on a nato. i even went running at the gym for 45 minutes and it stayed on w/out a problem (thank god!!!).

I was thinking of trying the Seiko spring bars...

Since the holes in the case aren't threaded there is no danger of damaging the case as far as I can tell. You also won't take a chance of scratching the case with a screwdriver.

Re: I was thinking of trying the Seiko spring bars...

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Since the holes in the case aren't threaded there is no danger of damaging the case as far as I can tell. You also won't take a chance of scratching the case with a screwdriver.
    well so far so good. the orient springbars are working fine. they're the same style and size as on the sumo i had before. so they should work well. and you're right, they won't damage the holes since they're not threaded.

Quote Originally Posted by cricketdave View Post
    hi sorry that your jewelr lost the screw that sucks. easy to do though. anyway one of my prodivers had messed up screws and i emailed stowa and asked how much replacements would be, they wouldn't let me pay for them i would have because i sure wasn't the original owner and the watch was out of warranty anyways. within a week i had a new set curtesy of stowa.

outstanding customer service.
    cricket
    thank you for the insight into stowa's customer service. i love the watch and i can tell it's going to be a keeper (i know...you've heard or said that before !). but, you're right. it's easy to lose that tiny screw. i should not have spoken the way i did previously. those screws aretiny..... it was nice of him to look for it. i've already emailed stowa and awaiting their reply.

Re: I was thinking of trying the Seiko spring bars...

i emailed stowa and was answered by regine schauer. she stated she'd send me 2 sets of springbars for 10 euro to include shipping. so, i bought them. at least i'll have some extra pieces in case i lose them and now all is resolved . thank you all for the advise!

Thread Information