Wavering...

Thread: Wavering...

Wavering...

I have had the Antea Creme on my wish-list for nearly a year now. At last I have sufficient funds to enable me to comfortably afford the watch, despite the £/€ rate... but delivery is now estimated to be September!

I am soooooooooooooooooo... frustrated.

Folks, tell me please... the tales of delayed delivery and excuses from Stowa on this forum ... they are all made up to keep people away? aren't they?
    Dom
    If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family Anatidae on our hands.

Re: Wavering...

Quote Originally Posted by Loddonite View Post
    I have had the Antea Creme on my wish-list for nearly a year now. At last I have sufficient funds to enable me to comfortably afford the watch, despite the £/€ rate... but delivery is now estimated to be September!

I am soooooooooooooooooo... frustrated.

Folks, tell me please... the tales of delayed delivery and excuses from Stowa on this forum ... they are all made up to keep people away? aren't they?
    I had ordered the creme in November, along with an airman. Originally my delivery date was mid-January. Around the middle of December I changed my mind on the antea creme and went with an antea 365. Stowa was very accommodating with my change, although my delivery date got pushed back to middle of February. I still have not received delivery notification but they have corresponded when I have had questions and some folks are reporting only a two week delay, or even less. I told them I would wait patiently because I knew what I was waiting for would be worth it. I think when the move is over and basel has passed you will see estimated delivery times that are a little shorter. You could always order one now, wait until September when payment is due to pay(it won't cost anything to order), and make a decision between now and then whether the wait is worth it. I think it will be. Oh, and I should be getting a shipping confirmation this week, so I will have waited four months, it wasn't so bad. The first three were a piece of cake, not knowing when made the last one a little harder.
    autos: Hamilton navy pioneer(sold), stowa partitio, precista prs-22, stowa airman(sold), stowa antea 365, marathon sar(sold), vostok amphibian(sold), black mako(sold), seiko 5 military, sinn 556a

quartz: maurice lacroix, swiss army field, wenger swiss military 2912x, marathon tsar, 2 mudmen, gulfman, breitling colt

hand wind: 1963 seagull chrono(sold), stowa partitio, helbros

I ordered an Antea Creme in mid January and was told it would be shipped in mid-April, but it probably won't be shipped until May. But that's OK.

The worse thing you can do at this point is waver..so go ahead and order it now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I ordered an Airman auto no-logo and a Marine Original in January and was given a mid-March estimate. (Note: I understand "mid-March" to be a flexible range rather than a specific date.)

Last week, March 4th, I received an email telling me to expect shipping in 10 days. From other posts on this forum, it looks like some orders have been bumped back a week or two due to the factory move, but it looks like mine is on schedule as promised. No complaints here.
    // Rob

Quote Originally Posted by rfjacques View Post
    I ordered an Airman auto no-logo and a Marine Original in January and was given a mid-March estimate. (Note: I understand "mid-March" to be a flexible range rather than a specific date.)

Last week, March 4th, I received an email telling me to expect shipping in 10 days. From other posts on this forum, it looks like some orders have been bumped back a week or two due to the factory move, but it looks like mine is on schedule as promised. No complaints here.
    UPDATE: Looks like my shipping date has been moved a little, per today's email from Viveca, below. But as I was given an estimated range of mid-March, I think this week still qualifies. My advice would still be: don't waver.

EMAIL FROM VIVECA:

Dear Rob,
    it has been delayed because of our moving - sorry !

we count with delivery by the end of this week.

we will contact you in time - thank you for your understanding.

We moved last Wednesday - we will need one or two more days until everything will be running smooth.

best regards

Viveca

// Rob

I ordered Antea Creme COSC at Christmas Eve and the delivery should be... well, now. But I understand the delay! Time is eternal, so I can wait

Thread Information