Wedding Watch?
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Wedding Watch?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wedding Watch?

Hi all,

Pretty new here and am not sure where to post this but here goes...

I am looking for a watch to wear on my big day in December 2018. I want something with a white dial, blued hands (but not necessary), tan or brown leather strap, 38-42mm (I have a 7 inch wrist). My price range is about $1000-$1500. Would probably prefer an automatic or mechanical movement since it’s a special day and I want something that will last. Swiss or German made is key!

So far I have come across the Stowa Antea 390. I really love the Bauhaus style. I like the Antea Klassik but am worried the 35,5mm dial will be too small on the wrist..

Would love to get a Nomos but they’re just a tad pricey.

Have also looked into a Hamilton Intra-Matic which I really like but do miss the seconds hand.

I am open to suggestions and any tips would be greatly appreciated! Or if anyone has any pics of a Stowa Antea Klassik on a wrist similar to mine that would be amazing to see.

Thanks everyone!
    B.... likes this.

Re: Wedding Watch?

Quote Originally Posted by Logiebear7 View Post
    Hi all,

....I am open to suggestions and any tips would be greatly appreciated! Or if anyone has any pics of a Stowa Antea Klassik on a wrist similar to mine that would be amazing to see.

Thanks everyone!
    I think the Antea would be a very appropriate wedding watch with the spec that you want. There's a thread in the listings with a camera icon before the title called "Stowa Antea pictures - Post them here" & may have images that you're looking for. Look forward to you posting photos of your choice once delivered. All the best with your watch choosing & your wedding.
    B.

What is your wrist size?
    I have a roughly 7 inch wrist and I went with the Antea KS 35.5mm because I wanted a classic hand wind watch.
    Seemed small at first, but now I think it's just perfect. The design is just so balanced and I love the small seconds sub dial.
    P. Ortiz likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by adimaano56sl View Post
    What is your wrist size?
    I have a roughly 7 inch wrist and I went with the Antea KS 35.5mm because I wanted a classic hand wind watch.
    Seemed small at first, but now I think it's just perfect. The design is just so balanced and I love the small seconds sub dial.
    Good advice. Please note, however, that the OP indicated that he has a 7" wrist.
    Last edited by WatchEnthusiast; April 2nd, 2018 at 07:13.

Should consider 1938 chronograph creme dial

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

What is your wrist size?
    Could you post a few pictures of it on your wrist? Would be super helpful! Perhaps a couple close up and a couple from further back?

Unless you are set on 'new' you can also go for a vintage selection. It will be easier to hit your price point and there are alot of options out there ... you could then open the door to considering two dates in time... perhaps your birth year and the wedding and have a watch that you bought for your wedding that was made in (or near) the year of your birth.
    I know it is more a bride's thing than a grooms ... but the old saying of 'something old - something new' ... would fit here too.

If you are on the younger side - you could use the year of your parents wedding for the target age of the watch.

I wish more watches were 'dated' in an obvious way so we could collect 'birth year' watches and whatnot.
    Why is it I always get my best ideas while shaving?
    - Albert Einstein

Current Rotation - Breiting Avenger II Seawolf, Omega Seamaster 2255.80 Electric Blue, Sinn 104 St Sa I W (white), Tag Foruma 1 Calibre 5, Tissot TXL tank, Luminox Series 3900 Navy Seal (yellow)

A

Quote Originally Posted by Logiebear7 View Post
    I am looking for a watch to wear on my big day in December 2018. I want something with

1. a white dial,
    2. blued hands (but not necessary),
    3. tan or brown leather strap,
    4. 38-42mm (I have a 7 inch wrist).
    5. My price range is about $1000-$1500.
    6. Would probably prefer an automatic or mechanical movement since it’s a special day and
    7. I want something that will last.
    8. Swiss or German made is key!
    The way I read this, the Stowa Marine (original, classic) ticks all these boxes if you ask the friendly people at Stowa to swap the default strap. Could even consider the silver dial instead of the white one.

Good luck with your search, Logiebear and congratulations on the upcoming wedding.
    hidden830726 likes this.

Sorry for the slow response. I just saw your request for photos. Here are a few. Hope this helps! Such a classic watch. The more you wear it, the more you appreciate it's subtle details.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quartersawn, DrFidget and Lemi like this.

Sorry for the slow response. I just saw your request for photos. Here are a few. Hope this helps! Such a classic watch. The more you wear it, the more you appreciate it's subtle details.

Wow! That looks so nice on your wrist! Thank you very much for your photos! Very good quality snaps.
    I think this definitely helps my decision.
    Do you mind me asking what your exact wrist size is?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information