What we have for ladies?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: What we have for ladies?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What we have for ladies?

So, I took this photos today with my TO1 on and some commented that it would be perfect if the girl also don a Stowa.

I have showed her Antea and she is not a fan. So what else?

Stowa seems don't have much options for ladies.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: What we have for ladies?

Partitio, 36mm Flieger, 36mm Marine, Antea Klassik KS Roman Rosé, Antea BtB.
    Regine Schauer ist wearing a chrono on her tiny wrist btw.
    hidden830726 likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Well. Antea she already seen. Partitio and Marine 36mm maybe. Flieger unlikely. Haha. Sometimes I wish Stowa have those rectangular watch like Cartier tank

Thanks Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My wife and I recently visited Stowa while on holiday in Germany....many old models in the museum really impressed us, especially their art deco designs....they got us in a very pro-Stowa mood. Then we walked over to the sales/display area of the current collection......and fast forward......

My wife is awaiting arrival this week of an Antea Roman Rose KS on stainless mesh, with a spare black leather strap as well (which makes it a surprisingly different watch).

Also arriving will be her (our?) Antea B2B White dial 36.5mm, which we ordered specially with a 2804-2, as it is such a good looking movement and we each grew up with and prefer hand-winders. This watch also works very well with the spare dark charcoal strap my 6 5/8" wrist. I really like how Stowa did the date window on this one. So many watches are ruined by ill-considered date windows that I found it really refreshing to see one done so well (IMO).

(She also really liked the white Partitio with the tan lume and strap...but resisted and later in the holiday decided on a Junghans Meister Driver handaufzug <38mm tan dial (Peseux 7001), which we have since put on an honey-red-coloured ostrich strap....which fits and suits me equally well!

There is a watch in the coming package for me too....the Flieger Chronograph with the hand winding module, brushed case, on the old style brown leather strap. My wife says she can wear it, too, and she is right! True, it shows as 'very' visible on her skinny arm due to the height and case diameter and contrast of materials, but the lug length actually (just) works on her wrist, which is about 1/4" smaller around than mine. However, her wrist is flatter across the top than mine....I think women might do well to consider this factor before eliminating watches over a certain size.

The original reason for our Stowa visit was so that I could set eyes on what had long been my dream watch...the Marine Original Arabic silver (I have been a professional mariner for 30 years). I had concerns that it would be too big for my skinny wrists...but NO! It looked (properly) large, but it fit. I'm wearing it as I type this from my cabin on a Canadian Coast Guard ship on the Pacific coast....I wonder how many of them actually go to sea?!

And I walked out that day with my dream watch, with the polished case on a small brown croco with deployant clasp, with a spare brown leather strap....and hit the Autobahn in our rented slick German sedan. I felt like a million bucks.

Later in the holiday, we took a short train hop out of Dresden and got a fantastic personal 2 hour tour of Muhle Glashutte, where another of my watches was made. But that's another story.

A point to take out of this is....for all us wiry guys....many of these Bauhaus and traditional Germanic (i.e. not distinctly feminine) watches fit and suit both skinny-armed guys and women with certain wrist shapes. This really worked out well in our case, though we are awaiting the day when we both want to wear the same watch....

Cheers
    Dan

In looking back over my previous (and first ever) post, I see I rambled off the point of the original post. I guess I needed to get that all out, as I am 'really' looking forward to opening that Stowa shipping package with my wife.

To your point....depending on the relative size of your wrists, what would be a dress watch for you might be a sport watch size for your girl. My wife and I found really common ground in these watches, though they looked very different on her.

If you were to buy one of the Bauhaus style Stowas around 36mm as a dress watch for yourself, your girl could try it out often enough to get used to it as a sportier watch for herself. My wife was not interested in the Anteas until she tried them on....then she immediately very much liked them. I think they look more spare in photos than they do once on your wrist.

So at worst, your girl would still not like it and you'd have an awesome dress watch for yourself!

See how helpful I am?

Cheers
    Dan
    hidden830726 likes this.

For what it’s worth, I enjoyed your “rambling”. I enjoy stories behind watch purchases.

Slightly OOT but I will never be able to convince my other half to get an automatic ^^

Quote Originally Posted by commanche View Post
    Slightly OOT but I will never be able to convince my other half to get an automatic ^^
    That's the same with my wife: She also prefers hand wind movements,

Volker

wkw

Order this for my aunt and she liked it very much

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Dan. Really appreciate your sharing. Haha. I thought about your "buy for her then If she don't like it then I will have a new watch" sound like a plan.

Haha

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information