What's the best way to get into Stowa, for newbs?

Thread: What's the best way to get into Stowa, for newbs?

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

What's the best way to get into Stowa, for newbs?

What is the best path into Stowa for someone with a limited budget? i.e., if you could afford just one Stowa in the coming year, what would it be? (And where is the best place to buy?)

Thanks,
    Dave
    Too much is never enough....

Re: What's the best way to get into Stowa, for newbs?

Hello G. I bought an airman auto last month. IMO Stowa's iconic watch....they made it for the Lufwaffe during WWII. It's well priced and you can only buy direct from Stowa...I placed my order by communication w/ Ms. Hafner (I didn't go thru site)and a couple of weeks before shipping they contacted me & I did a bank wire transfer...couple of days later I had the watch!

stuffler,mike

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonguy909 View Post
    What is the best path into Stowa for someone with a limited budget? i.e., if you could afford just one Stowa in the coming year, what would it be? (And where is the best place to buy?)

Thanks,
    Dave
    You should start with the Stowa which is most appealing to you. Re: the best place: Stowa Online Shop, right form the source.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I started my Stowa adventure with a blue Seatime, they don't look like any other diver out there. I should get it by Monday!
    Rolex Explorer, Tudor Pelagos, Sinn EZM3

Quote Originally Posted by gibsonguy909 View Post

Thanks,
    Dave
    depends on what type of watch you want....sporty? dress? etc.

if you have to stick to a budget a new antea would be great. you could always get a more expensive stowa pre-owned from the sales corner as well. good luck.
    "It is the hour of pearl—the interval between day and night when time stops and examines itself."
    -j. steinbeck

I agree about picking the one you like however, if on a budget and your limited to a particular model, then imo the Airman auto is a fantastic piece for the dough. If really pinching your $$ then an Antea black is about as low as they go for Stowa's. Which ever you choose to go with, you will not be disappointed in the watch's craftsmanship and simple elegance. They are so sweet!

I've seen a couple of your Seiko's over @ Seiko/Ctit/Orient fora so know you must be fond of lume ehh? The Airman's lume is rather intense

Last edited by jbdan; November 10th, 2008 at 00:44.
    "You've stolen my heart, yes You have, You've wiped away the stains, broke away the chains, yes You have!" Leeland

Are you in the states? If so, right now is a good time to buy- the exchange rate for euros right now is the best it has been in over a year (it dropped over $o.30 in the last couple months) .
    Last edited by RugerWS; November 12th, 2008 at 17:22.

Spend some time here and on the Stowa site. Narrow down your choices and get the one that speaks to you most. Some of the more affordable models are the Marine Atomatic, Antea Black or Creme, and Airman Automatic or Ikarus. You will likely be happy with whatever you decide on.

I'd say quickly choose a Stowa you want (the quicker the better) and get out of here fast! Coz next thing you know the watch is so beautiful, you are looking to add another Stowa in your collection :) Goodluck!

Much like the famous song by the Eagles - "You can check-in any time you like, But you can never leave!"

My entry into Stowa was when ordering the Flieger Limited Edition recently. I had been looking at the Airman Automatic for a while and was about to buy one when the offer appeared. Now I only have to wait for a few months to get it on my wrist.

I have very few watches, and when i buy one I want it to be a watch I will wear often. It has been about a year since I bought a watch, a Zeno, so I am really looking forward to get it knowing that I will be one of only 100 worldwide to own that model.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information