What's the Difference Between Polished & Matt Finish?

Thread: What's the Difference Between Polished & Matt Finish?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What's the Difference Between Polished & Matt Finish?

Hi,

I was just looking at the Stowa Marine Original page, and there's an option for either: Polished Marine Original and Matte Finished Marine Original.

Can someone explain to me please, what is the difference between the two? (apart from price where matte one is considerably more than the polished one)
    Are they talking about the case for the watch or the material on the movement?

I also tried looking at the product pictures, but everything looks the same to me.

Thanks in advance guys.

Re: What's the Difference Between Polished & Matt Finish?

Hi djmm,

here you can see the difference:

On the left (upper row) is the polished one, one the right the matt finished.
    It's only a diffentiation for the case's surface: all cases are polished, but the matt finish is done additionally by brushing or by beadblasting to get the not so shiny surface.

Important is, that you choose a STOWA; surface is just a matter of personal taste.

Have fun with your watch,

Volker

....and here is a pic to show even the structure of the surface (matt finished):

Regards,

Volker

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Volker, thanks for the picture.

Looks like the difference is not that obvious because the matt one is still reasonably shiny? I think at least with the matte one, tiny scratches will not be so obvious right?

But from what I see here, looks like the polished one goes better with the clean look of Stowa Marine watch. Is it really shiny in real life? Because I personally don't like to wear something too shiny. But the matte one is also beautiful... can't decide! haha..

PS: Just a quick question, the second hand on the Marine, is it in sweeping motion? I don't know that much about the brand and just started looking at it yesterday...

Here's another pic that might help.

Audaces Fortuna Juvat
    If I have to choose between people or watches... I choose people everytime!
    Cheers,
    Paulo

Thanks for the picture! Looks like I prefer the polished one.

Quote Originally Posted by djmm View Post
    Volker, thanks for the picture.

Looks like the difference is not that obvious because the matt one is still reasonably shiny? I think at least with the matte one, tiny scratches will not be so obvious right?

But from what I see here, looks like the polished one goes better with the clean look of Stowa Marine watch. Is it really shiny in real life? Because I personally don't like to wear something too shiny. But the matte one is also beautiful... can't decide! haha..

PS: Just a quick question, the second hand on the Marine, is it in sweeping motion? I don't know that much about the brand and just started looking at it yesterday...
    I have a polished Tutima and a brushed "matte finished" Marine Original LE. Although the Tutima is not the same as the Marine Original but the shinning surface is very, VERY shinny. My MOLE is not shinny at all, I cannot see my own reflection on the case. If your concern is whether tiny scratch is easier to be shown on the shinning or brushed surface then my experience is the scratch is more obvious on brushed surface than on shinning surface. For you would have to turn to some angle to actually see the scratch on the shinning surface yet you can see it right there on the brushed one. It is, however, much easier to get rid of the tiny scratches on a brushed surface than they are on a shinning one. Yes, I know, the world is not perfect.

And, to your next question, the small second hand does sweep, quite smoothly. The dial is sunken too and that it probably the best small second dial I have ever seen.

Hope these help. Good luck on choosing one.

Thanks. I think I'll go with the original with polished one. I emailed them but still waiting for the answer (it's weekend). But do you by any chance know how long is the wait time for the original Marine if we place order now?

Quote Originally Posted by djmm View Post
    do you by any chance know how long is the wait time for the original Marine if we place order now?
    This is the official thread for delivery times:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=144115

Hmmm... mid March... so that's not so long then. I wonder say if they sold out this batch when will the next one will be..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information