What's the go with Stowa rubber straps?!
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: What's the go with Stowa rubber straps?!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thumbs Down What's the go with Stowa rubber straps?!

I received my Stowa Flieger Sport excited to put it on after work... and noticed that there was a short list of directions in broken english to cut the band and move some springs...

Given it a go and the cut has gone through the area of where the spring is. Pretty sure I'm ....ed.

Anyhow - I've got to say, this is really really disappointing that you've got to go through this for a brand new watch worth this amount.

Something that really really needs to get a look into for improving.
    wkw likes this.

Re: What's the go with Stowa rubber straps?!

Haha this is ....ing ......... Now the other is too long.

I'm at the point where I'd happily give it back and ask for my money back.

No mention of this on their website prior to purchase.

Pocket watch?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Well, the majority of those who adjusted their Stowa rubber strap did it successfully. I adjusted three or four without any issue since the first Seatime was launched a decade ago.

Here's the description of soemone reviewing a Seatime:
    It took me me approximately half an hour to cut the strap down to size and that was me being extra cautious and mindful that this is not my watch. I would reiterate to anyone looking to do this to. Take Your Time. The watch isn't going anywhere and you'll regret hastily slicing away four segments of the strap when you only needed to remove three. The clasp has three micro-adjustments totalling about a centimeter for those wanting a finer adjustment or who want a little bit more room on Summer days. The distance between the tightest adjustment and the interior of the clasp was a little snug so my strap didn't quite fit flush but the clasp still closer securely. Perhaps I could have cut away more but I didn't want to take the risk (and I had lost the one paperclip in my house)....

The possibility is you did not take your time and you did something wrong. I mean 997 do it right and three do not ? Who's fault might it be ?
    platinumEX likes this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I recently had to cut my Providers strap, I did have to pay attention, you can't just slice and go. Also had to do the same thing for my Sinn U1. I do admit the Sinn rubber was easier to cut because it has ridges which help with a straight cut. While annoying to cut one notch at a time, I didn't want to over cut something you can't put back together.

I also cut my rubber strap too short but I can only blame myself for willing to cut it too fast.
    I ordered a new one and took my time to cut it correctly.

This is common for rubber straps and I remember the instructions saying to be careful to leave at least 2mm(I think?) between the hole and where you cut it.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

There's no great trick here. Take your time and try it on as you go. I've done two of them without a problem and it's a very comfortable strap. If I am not mistaken, this is a Bonetto Centurini strap and you can buy a replacement for around $35.
    krisrsolebury and robi1138 like this.

I've cutted three of these without a problem, can't understand how this is Stowa's fault.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by AFG08 View Post
    There's no great trick here. Take your time and try it on as you go. I've done two of them without a problem and it's a very comfortable strap. If I am not mistaken, this is a Bonetto Centurini strap and you can buy a replacement for around $35.
    AFG08 is definitely right. Specifically, it's the Bonetto Centurini Model 300.L 24mm ( here - https://www.amazon.com/Bonetto-Cintu.../dp/B00FIVJIJ0 )- only difference between the stock version and the Stowa version is the logo engraving. Though Stowa's pricing is identical I think, so may as well get the one with the Stowa engraving unless you'd rather just get 2-day prime shipping.

I only found out it was a Centurini strap after getting curious about the nice vanilla scent and doing some Google-fu.

The good news is if you work slowly and do it right, it is a pretty great rubber strap. I personally make Horween and Wickett & Craig leather straps, and leave my Stowa FKS on the rubber strap instead of one of my own because I like it so much.

The strap width is 22mm for the Prodiver, where the link above is for a 24mm strap.

I bought a Meyhofer "Kiel" dark blue which is also identical except from the clasp.
    Caoutchouc Watch Straps from the brand Meyhofer: Wismar, Rendsburg and Kiel | Watch Strap Blog
    Bradjhomes likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information