What's going to happen with the FO serial?

Thread: What's going to happen with the FO serial?

What's going to happen with the FO serial?

So, what does everyone think is going to happen with the FO serial? I'm 987 on the list, so no chance for me with the available 200 or so. Can I expect to see it offered again (hopefully soon) with, maybe, a Durowe movement? From a historical perspective (I'm a total newb), what would the implications be, changing to that movement (if any)?

Should I hold out for....goodness knows how long, or pull the trigger on a Marine or 'regular' flieger? I'm jonesing for a Stowa and am now at a loss with the FO serial gone for the foreseeable future.
    Labitur occulte fallitque volatilis aetas, et nihil est annis velocius. Ovid Met. 10.519-20.

Re: What's going to happen with the FO serial?

I'm in the same position as you, being number 577 on the list. I'm hanging in there. As I said in the other thread, STOWA have expressions of interest of over 1 million EUR that they will not be able to satisfy, this is a big deal for a small company like STOWA. If you read that thread, you will see the Joerg ordered a lot of other components (dials, hands, cases) in anticipation of receiving the movements and I am sure that he will not want to sit on this inventory without any sales.

I'm sure that we will see a FO in some shape or form in the future - whether with the current modified 6497, a Durowe or some other suitable movement.

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello,

we do everything to realize our dream to have this TOP Watch available for everybody.

But i can say that this needs a lot more time than we supposed.

I realy can´t say how long - but i am sure that we need to at least to the end of the year to clear up everything and to start maybe a new production with a new supplier.

Still if we find a new supplier or the former find a solution we need a few months to fix everything.

So it is still not impossible to find a solution but impossible to say a timeframe.

For this i recommend to everybody: don´t wait to be satiesfied with a other STOWA model or a competitors watch.

I think it is better to tell the true than to keep people waiting to long in a unsecure situation.

This was my intention when i finished the reservation list and only planing with existing reseources!

As hard as it is for all of us.

best regards

Jörg Schauer

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just recieved the email letting me know that my Antea KS will be ready to ship within the next few days, & I will continue to wait patiently until something positive happens with the FO. I am on the tail end of that list, but I don't mind. I'm sure someday, sooner or later, I will have a Flieger.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

Quote Originally Posted by *El Ocho 1* View Post
    I just recieved the email letting me know that my Antea KS will be ready to ship within the next few days, & I will continue to wait patiently until something positive happens with the FO. I am on the tail end of that list, but I don't mind. I'm sure someday, sooner or later, I will have a Flieger.

Hey, 81, if you don't mind my asking, how long have you been waiting for your Antea KS? I ordered mine at the beginning of March, and at that time the delivery date was early May. Based on general experience and the known issues this year, I didn't really expect delivery then, but last update I got from Stowa recently said that it was still delayed, and that they couldn't give me an estimated time. Curious to learn of your experience. Thanks.

Let's see........

The date on the order confirmation I printed out is April 24th. Yesterday I recieved the email telling me that my watch will be ready for shipping in about 10 days.

So about 2 months, if you ordered yours in March I think you should of had it by now. I would drop Jorg an email to inquire whats up.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

Thanks for the response. Truly glad you're getting your KS, but apparently being skipped doesn't make me happy. I'll email Stowa.

Thread Information