Who else is suprised to have FO3 confirmation?

Thread: Who else is suprised to have FO3 confirmation?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Who else is suprised to have FO3 confirmation?

I just received the confirmation for an FO3 today.

At ~700+ on the original list, I'd written off my chances and placed an order for a MOLE2...so I'm most pleasantly suprised! I had not planned on purchasing both watches this year (though I'd always had plans for a marine style watch at some point in the future), but I guess this is one of those good problems to have.

I feel for the people who missed the list, as I fully expected to be one of them. However, I suspect that in a couple of years down the line they will be more than rewarded...if Stowa can produde an FOII with a Durowe movement, then that will be a very special watch...maybe the definitive FO.

To me, it was the proportions of the FO that sell it to me over the No Logo, so I decided that I could live with the solid caseback, and in my (self justifying?) mind you could argue that the solid caseback is in keeping with the Fliegers of old.

However, I'm guessing that not everyone feels the same and that many decided that would rather wait for the Full Monty with display back and decorated movement as I did not expect to make the cut off. Would be interested to hear everyone's thoughts on this and how the responded to the email from a few weeks back.

Re: Who else is suprised to have FO3 confirmation?

I knew there was no chance of me recieving any of the available watches (Being No. 1166 on the list)

So I opted for FO1, knowing I wouldn't get it.

I'll just wait patiently until Jorg figures out what to do with the FO. I'm pretty confident he will come up with something.
    Rolex GMT Master II BLNR "Batman"
    Omega Speedmaster Pro 3573.50
    Omega Seamaster Cosmic c.1968
    Oris Williams F1 Day/Date
    Oris LE 1945 Flight Timer
    Stowa Marine Original
    Stowa 2801 HW Flieger
    Longines Conquest Heritage
    Longines Grande Vitesse GMT Chrono
    Longines Hydroconquest Blue
    Longines 1972 Vintage
    Seiko SKX009
    Seiko SARB017 Alpinist
    Steinhart Ocean Vintage Military
    Steinhart Ocean One Vintage Dual Time

Friends don't let friends buy Invicta

I'm more than satisfied with making the FO3 list. After falling in love with the idea of a B-Uhr style watch, the FO had everything I wanted (Clean Type A dial, Hacking, Hand Wound, Central Seconds, great lume, 42mm or less diameter). A display back would have been nice, but I've got a MOLEII on the way for that.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by mingsta View Post
    However, I suspect that in a couple of years down the line they will be more than rewarded...if Stowa can produde an FOII with a Durowe movement, then that will be a very special watch...maybe the definitive FO.
    Hmm, I'm not sure that I'd prefer a FO with Durowe over the centre-seconds modified Unitas 6497. The original 55mm Beobachtungsuhr manufactured by STOWA came with a Unitas 2812 with centre-seconds modification, so the FO that you just won is more historically accurate. It was actually the Lacher & Co Beobachtungsuhr that used a Durowe movement.

In any case, congratulations and enjoy your watch - I'm still hoping that Joerg manages to produce more FOs with the 6497 one way or the other.

if you were shocked at 700+, than i am astounded at 900+. i must have been one of the latter ones to receive one since several people wrote in at 1000+ that was not able to get anything. i'm happ with the F03 since it's more true to the original Flieger and who needs a swan neck if you have a closed case back?

There is a FO3 in the sales forum right now (i.e. a serial edition with the solid case back, I'm assuming no swan neck). I'm assuming it is ok to post the image from there here - I'd certainly not actually seen what the solid caseback looked like before this shot

I was very close to get FO3.
    Last edited by ufc75; July 11th, 2009 at 14:32.

Thankful and feeling very lucky.....I wanted the F03 so thats what I put in for, solid caseback for me on this one.

Order form received and order placed.........waiting for confirmation.....

Thanks Again Stowa for the opportunity to own a fine piece...

Jim

Really wanted the FO with swan mvt (knew I wouldnt get it my reserve # was in the 1000s) happy as hell I got the FO3, order form sent and received by Stowa.

There is no questions that FO1 is the best and better than just FO3. But FO3 is great compromise. It’s basically the same watch with the same movement with the exception that you can’t see it and no swan neck regulator. Of course it’s nice to look at the highly decorated movement but you do not see it 99.9% of the time when you wear the watch anyway. And FO3 comes almost $280 cheaper than FO1, which is a nice plus. I will be happy with FO3 as much as would be with FO1.
    Last edited by ufc75; July 9th, 2009 at 01:58.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information