Who else is wearing a Stowa today??? Let's see them! - Page 80
Like Tree22242Likes

Thread: Who else is wearing a Stowa today??? Let's see them!

Page 80 of 591 FirstFirst ... 30 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 130 180 580 ... LastLast

Re: Who else is wearing a Stowa today??? Let's see them!

Flieger 6498
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 2207
Size:  304.0 KB
    cheapshades2012, Sli and harrym71 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ric Capucho View Post
    Attachment 1115653

Attachment 1115654

Hello everyone, and welcome to Monday.

I'm starting the week with (a) the Stowa Flieger (no logo) and also (b) a grey shirt wot's looking a bit threadbare at the cuffs.

The Stowa is the watch that got me into all this WIS trouble in the first place. If you recall, I'd been captivated with the idea of an IWC Mark 15 but could quite make the step of spending $4,000 on a wrist watch. So I sniffed around the Web, read up on the Mark 16's heritage (Luftwaffe, Beobachter-Uhren, and all that) which led me naturally to Laco and Stowa. Same heritage, similar homages to their *own* back catalogues, but at a fifth of the price. I hovered momentarily between choosing a Laco or a Stowa, but in the end went for the Stowa. Could quite as easily been the Laco, but no regrets as to my choice. And if *you* went with the Laco (as did a pal of mine) then there'll be no regrets with that choice either.

I've even forgiven the Luftwaffe for bombing my grandmother's house flat. But if it happens again, I'll be mortally offended.

The only excuse I can offer with regards to the shirt is that I've been a bit busy this last week to collect my newly cleaned and pressed white work shirts from the nice people wot do that sort of thing for me.

Digression? Moi?

Started wearing Thomas Pink shirts about twenty years ago *but* realised the importance of cuff-linked white shirts about twelve years ago when I was on a project dominated by McKinsey consultants. I was just a lowly oik trying to look bright (enough) in an environment filled with some of the smartest people on the planet. During some meetings all I could hear was the tap tap tap of cuff-links on the meeting table as this or that (very important, very serious, very senior, oh so very credible) point was being made regarding the change of world banking history that was upon us. Which didn't change. Or more to the point *did* change, but not as anyone predicted. Although I'm sure a five year old child might have figured out the mortgage-backed securities mess using "King has no clothes on" reasoning.

Probably did, just didn't get listened to.

Anyways, some of those meetings got a bit... boring. So I entertained my wandering mind by admiring the monochrome dress sense of yer top of the range management consultant. Plain black suits (no stripes), plain white shirts (with cuff-links), plain black shoes, black socks, plain black tie. Plain dark grey tie if they're feeling racy that day. A McKinsey consutant wearing a dark grey tie on two consecutive days is likely to be on a spiral of decline. Watch out for that.

So I bought meself a couple of black suits, a pile of plain white Thomas Pink shirts (and a few sober cuff-links, no skull and crossed bones for me) and rebranded my image as just the sort of chap who may be a top-end management consultant (if I'd been smart enough) and stuck to it ever since. I possess just one tie. It's dark rey, which is rather rebellious of me.

So look in horror (as do I) at myself out of uniform. Grey shirt. Oh dear. Frayed cuffs. Oh my lord. No cuff-links! Call the authorities!

Ric
    Are the mckinsey guys wearing black suits? They should be avoided for day time wear. But any way, awesome watch. Well done!
    Current Rotation: Seiko SARB017, Seiko SARB035, Seiko SKX013, Seiko World Timer (c. 1970).
    Box Sitters: 1972 Zodiac Astrographic (Yeah, baby!), Patek Calatrava (I bring that out for special occasions).

Sli

Name:  ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371474371.517842.jpg
Views: 1907
Size:  41.6 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Name:  2K7Kef6EEKKvPspiMk7DuY2LRauoaIO1xt_Nhgw5Aks.jpg
Views: 1898
Size:  159.6 KB

My apologies for the bad Instagram photo.
    Lexus050470 likes this.

Grails

My Short List:

• Halios Laguna
    • Antea 390 A 10
    • Longines "Legend Diver"
    • Vintage Tudor Snowflake
    • Vintage Omega Seamaster 300M
    • Omega Aqua Terra Seamaster Railmaster 2806.52.37

Quote Originally Posted by Lexus050470 View Post
    Hi cheapshades2012, thanks. It's the 35.5mm. Smallest version!

No,

this is even smaller.....................at 32 mm:

Volker

I think I'm breaking an unwritten rule here, but I ordered my flieger with an extra rubber strap to wear for the hot summers here. I'm actually really pleased with the look and comfort of the strap and think it works surprisingly well with the flieger. Adds a bit of sportiness. Sorry about the crummy cell pics, but you get the idea.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by fire_lantern View Post
    I think I'm breaking an unwritten rule here, but I ordered my flieger with an extra rubber strap to wear for the hot summers here. I'm actually really pleased with the look and comfort of the strap and think it works surprisingly well with the flieger. Adds a bit of sportiness. Sorry about the crummy cell pics, but you get the idea.
    that actually looks really good
    One watch kinda guy
    "My watch does a lot more than just tell the time...
    it tells a life story..."

Wearing mine, right now; back on old-style brown -

Just switch from the tornado -

Name:  IMG_4418.JPG
Views: 6247
Size:  436.5 KB
    "Unsere Wünsche sind Vorgefühle der Fähigkeiten, die in uns liegen, Vorboten desjenigen, was wir zu leisten imstande sein werden." (C) Goethe

Irresistible Blue!
    Name:  2013-06-21 10.55.31.jpg
Views: 1617
Size:  231.6 KB

Page 80 of 591 FirstFirst ... 30 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 130 180 580 ... LastLast

Thread Information