Who would be interested in a limited edition of this watch?

Thread: Who would be interested in a limited edition of this watch?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Who would be interested in a limited edition of this watch?

Hello

What about another limited edition around the same price of the latest one, but for instance of a Marine Automatic with no date and with a red 12 . There was a similar limited edition sold at watchbuys that was also a success, but that had the Unitas 6498 movement.
    This time things could be different with the features of this being : eta 2824 movement / 40mm diameter / sapphire crystals front and back / white dial/ blued hands with sweeping seconds /arabic numerals and markers in black except for the 12 / stainless casing / no date / the remarkable 12.
    I know that all depends of Herr Jörg's decision, but who would be interested in such a timepiece?
    Speaking for myself I would make the deposit even today if Stowa decides to make this watch.
    I attached a picture of the Marine Original limited edition with Unitas 6498 movement and similar dial sold at Watchbuys just to let you admire the beauty of this watch.

Best Regards

Luso
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sponsor / Moderator

Re: Who would be interested in a limited edition of this watch?

Dear Luso,

thanks for your post.

Today i spoke to my staff to find a solution for the people who missed the Flieger handwinding.

One of the ideas was to make a handwinding Marine watch in the 40 mm case.

Maybe with red 12 - but my personal first intention was to make it like the normal.
    (the red twelve is another possibility of course)

But of course without date this watch should be.

But please be advised that i was planing to do this watch in automatic for next year - this was a idea i discuss with my japanese importers when i been there beginning of october.
    (the reason is that many japanese like thie dial without date like i did a few years ago)

So, if i do this possible next limited serie with marine 40 mm case and handwinding everybody should know that a automatic watch will come again.
    (i already had it before and stoped it because the watchmakers have been to busy and i have to reduce the collection)

And through this idea, today i thought maybe to make this no date handwinding limited watch as a special serie before the automatic will be produced in serie.

Launching time could be end of march 2009.

But please be patience because i have to think about a few matters "around" this project.

There are always plus and minus for the decision.

But basicly it is possible and i willed to make this watch.

I reserved today another 100 movements for this possible watch.
    (also ETA 2801)

Things i have to think about (for example):

1 - how can we make the orderprocess more easy - of course we know - but my webmaster is out of town for one week and we have to discuss this.

2 - how to give the "now loosing" people the chance to get this one ?

3 - i don´t want to make to much limited series in a short time distance

4 - the delivery time could not before end of march - maybe this is to long ?

5 - i don´t want to "open" a market for "i want to change my now ordered flieger limited for this Marine limited" or so

if so - we can´t handle this matter - our manpower at the moment is extrem limited - we are so busy with all the existing orders for the normal collection

Last bit not least it is up to my clients if there is a market for.

We would be happy to make this watch that all members of the forums can have something special and limited.

The price could be 450.- to 490.- Euros (depence the last decisions in finsih and so).

At the moment the quantitie could be maximum 100 pieces because this is a quantitie i already have reserved.

Lets think about it but let´s talk about the plus and minus in a open discussion.

Maybe we find a solution for all open questions!

Best regards

Jörg Schauer

I think Jorg has to be careful about how many Limited Editions and how frequently he offers them not to devalue the regular serial products.
    Too many too often and why would anyone buy one of his standard range.
    It also depends on why he makes a LE - is it to stimulate demand, a marketing tool or is it because he's been able to source a "limited" supply of different movements to the one he usually has.
    I don't want to be disrespectful but I think your suggestion would do nothing to add to either Stowa's range nor reputation and would devalue the existing MO LE and detract from the existing automatic range.

Whoops - I see Jorg got his reply ahead of me & didn't rubbish your idea like me - so what do I know :oops:
    Last edited by langtoftlad; October 30th, 2008 at 21:53.
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hello

This is why Stowa has something different in the world of watchmakers, great watches accompanied by an Human Touch.
    Thank you Herr Schauer.

Best regards

Luso

sounds pretty suite! any chance of a laquered dial similar to the MO LE?

A handwinding Marine sounds great as a limited edition. Would this be with sweep or sub seconds (I'm assuming sweep seconds), and would it have a solid caseback? And I like the red 12 idea as well.
    B&R Space 1/Sinn 142 PVD
    Omega Speedy Pro 3570.50
    Oris TT1 200m
    IWC 3717 Pilot Chronograph
    Omega Planet Ocean 42 Orange 2500C
    Sinn U1
    Tudor Heritage Chrono Blue
    Omega Speedmaster DSOTM
    Rolex SD4000 116600

Quote Originally Posted by Jörg Schauer View Post
    3 - i don´t want to make to much limited series in a short time distance
    Imho a lot said with that....

I think doing something "Marine" in late 2009 might be a good time frame and has far less danger of "spoiling" Stowa's reputation regarding limited editions.

Honestly the number of limited editions in the last two years seems already inflationary to me.

Also a 2801 is fine for one or two editions, but more than a Durowe it will get boring over time.

At this point I start growing a feeling that less editions but with lets say 200 pieces might be more interesting than one edition after the other.
    Last edited by powermaxi2000; October 31st, 2008 at 00:06.

It doesn't have to be limited to be wonderful.

I am a great admirer of your work Jörg and I for one would be willing to pay a little more should you choose to "improve" on your current non-serial collection. When saying this let me please assure you that your watches are great just the way they are. Nevertheless, if I were to make some wishes/adjustments it would be these:

1. Improve the impression of quality of the Marine Original by making the dial of the serial version in the same enamel finish as on the LE.

2. A Marine Automatic with "enamel" dail, red twelve and Chronometer movement would make me run to my paypal account to make a cash deposit aimed at Stowa.

3. How about an elegant dress watch using the ETA 2892? I've seen what you design at Stowa so I am confident that you would deliver a timeless piece with exquisite elements from Stowas history. Thin, in mirror-like polished steel with a simplistic dial and you would have me running once again to my paypal account.

I will stop now and let my fellow watch enthusiasts make their wishes to Santa Jörg.

Quote Originally Posted by Pierre_S View Post
    It doesn't have to be limited to be wonderful.

I am a great admirer of your work Jörg and I for one would be willing to pay a little more should you choose to "improve" on your current non-serial collection. When saying this let me please assure you that your watches are great just the way they are. Nevertheless, if I were to make some wishes/adjustments it would be these:

1. Improve the impression of quality of the Marine Original by making the dial of the serial version in the same enamel finish as on the LE.

2. A Marine Automatic with "enamel" dail, red twelve and Chronometer movement would make me run to my paypal account to make a cash deposit aimed at Stowa.

3. How about an elegant dress watch using the ETA 2892? I've seen what you design at Stowa so I am confident that you would deliver a timeless piece with exquisite elements from Stowas history. Thin, in mirror-like polished steel with a simplistic dial and you would have me running once again to my paypal account.

I will stop now and let my fellow watch enthusiasts make their wishes to Santa Jörg.
    The problem I see with 1 & 2 is that if one "improves" or updates a current range one risks alienating existing owners of the older non improved model, risking the wrath of LE collectors by making a serial version too similar, and also risk some potential customers holding off making a purchase as they wait for the next improved model or the perfect edition.

I would prefer that Stowa concentrate on designing & producing new models and/or new ranges especially if they are successful with the development of their Durowe movements.
    Antea Black (Date - Milanaise Bracelet)
    Antea Creme COSC (No Date - Blued Hands)
    Antea KS
    Black Forest Flieger LE
    Flieger B-Uhr
    Flieger 2801 LE

Marine 2801 HW
    Marine Original
    Chrono 1938 Black
    Seatime Blue (ProDiver Bezel)
    Seatime WUS LE
    70's Quartz,
    Vintage PUW

I would love to see the Marine with a silver dial. A silver dial would be of way more interest to me especially if it were part of the regular rotation.
    Last edited by thodgins; October 31st, 2008 at 05:43.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information