Why doesnt Stowa use ETA 2892 ??

Thread: Why doesnt Stowa use ETA 2892 ??

Why doesnt Stowa use ETA 2892 ??

Seems all the more established companies use the ETA 2892. Heck I think I have even seen some knock offs with that movement. From what I understand 2892 is a little nicer all around movement. Why would Stowa not use it? Is it cost prohibitive?

stuffler,mike

Re: Why doesnt Stowa use ETA 2892 ??

Is it cost prohibitive ?

I´d say yes. Look for the prices of TOP or COSC 2892-2 movements and you´ll know.

The 2892 was not without its problems (power reserve mostly) ... the 2824 is the more robust movement. The huge advantage of the 2892 (besides a higher level of finishing and therefore, presumably, accuracy, is that it is thinner - the latter is less of an rgument in the phase of big watches we are currently experiencing.
    Cheers,

Martin ("Crusader")

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In terms of function, precision and finishing the 2892 isn't generally better.

Therefore most manufacturers take the - thin! - 2892 only if they want to fit it with further complications. Soprod, Dubois Depraz, etc. offer nearly everything : (Flyback-) chronograph, annual/perpetual calendar, repetition, Big-Date etc.

And it will be another few years yet - if ever - before Stowa will offer complications, I guess... And let's be honest: who wants a Stowa with a perpetual calendar?

The only complication I would be after is a Marine chronograph! And ordinary 7750 with COSC-finishing is fine...
    Last edited by Rahbari; June 18th, 2008 at 18:04.

Quote Originally Posted by Rahbari View Post
    And it will be another few years yet - if ever - before Stowa will offer complications, I guess... And let's be honest: who wants a Stowa with a perpetual calendar?
    Interestingly, one of the main things that attracted me to Stowa watches was the lack of complications.

Quote Originally Posted by FLTiger View Post
    Interestingly, one of the main things that attracted me to Stowa watches was the lack of complications.
    I feel exactly the same way. Stowa is refreshingly low key and simple. When I got into watches I was all about Omega and the Swiss. Now, I'm more drawn to the starkness and simplicity of German design on watches.

Quote Originally Posted by FLTiger View Post
    Agreed...there is a reason that Stowa and Panerai are my two favourite brands (with an honourable mention to vintage Omegas).

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Canuck View Post
    Agreed...there is a reason that Stowa and Panerai are my two favourite brands (with an honourable mention to vintage Omegas).
    I used to like Panerai alot but the Panerai "ferrari " models are just plain ugly to me.
    You know who what is a nice clean design Ulysee Nardin Marine Chrono

edted by mod: You tried to upload pics directly from C: which obviously does not work !
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; June 19th, 2008 at 08:19.

Thread Information