Worth the Wait!!!

Thread: Worth the Wait!!!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Worth the Wait!!!

Well, I got a notice on Friday that my long awaited AO was on the way and would be here Monday. I checked the tracking number this morning and it said it was rescheduled for Wednesday. OK, no biggie...I went out for lunch and upon my return spied a FedEx box outside the garage. To my surprise I saw it was from Stowa.

I have to say, I own several dozen watches and have had some really nice new ones. But this piece is truly a work of art. Truly. The fit and finish are UTTERLY perfect. I can't get over the fine surfaces and attention to detail that went into the AO. Spectacular in every way and well worth the wait!

Of course I immediately swapped out the beautiful flieger strap because the included ones are too long for my skinny wrist. Besides I wanted to keep the included ones mint and original. I chose a nice vintage style buffalo strap from Panatime to grace #21. I'll try some others at some point but this is a nice combo for now.

Also, I have to say that the lume on this one is absolutely incredible. I had an Ikarus for a while and that one had very nice lume indeed but the glow on this one is a step up from that.

Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Re: Worth the Wait!!!

Thanks so much to Jorg and everyone at Stowa for a wonderful watch that I shall enjoy for a long time to come.
    Rotating on my wrist this month: Stowa Blue WatchTime Flieger, Sinn EZM9, Sinn T1, Sinn 556 Blue, Stowa Antea LE Polish Forums, Stowa Verus 40, Damasko DS30 greenie, Sinn U1, Stowa Antea Klassik KS Rose, Nomos Tangente Silvercut

Wow. Super nice. Great strap choice as well.
    Current: Casio G-Shock GW500A * Stowa Antea * Casio G-Shock GW530A * Omega SMP 2254.50 * Tissot Le Locle * Marathon SAR * Dievas Vortex No. 144 * Bernhardt Sea Shark No. 128 (grey)

Former: Orient Mako (black) * Orient Mako (blue) * Alpha 'Speedmaster' * Citizen NY2300 * Steinhart Ocean 1 * Seiko SNM005 * Legendary Invicta 8926 CE * Bernhardt Sea Shark No. 023 (red) * Ollech & Wajs MP 2824-2 * Glycine Lagunare 1000 COSC

Dreaming: Omega Planet Ocean * Omega Seamaster 300 * Omega Speedmaster * Sinn 857 UTC

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations - a nice watch indeed!

Congrats on your AO and I really like the choice of strap.
    ToddH

"The only reason for time is so that everything doesn't happen at once." Albert Einstein

Thanks guys! I'm loving this watch, no doubt about it. I have to confess I had almost forgotten about it in a certain way and since my interest has mostly shifted towards divers these days I was not as excited about the AO as I was back when I got on the list. But now that I have it I am right back in love. I'm not regretting selling my older Stowa Airman and my Ikarus to fund this one at all! Best decision I've made in a long time.

It's also really nice on a Don Ginsler carbon fiber strap:

beautiful Airman. I'm looking forward to the series watches....
    --AC

Looks great, Peter, and terrific pictures too. I'm pleased to see the lume on the second hand.

OK--so now that you have the FO you are *required* to compare it in every way to the IWC flieger chrono. We all know IWCs reputation for pilot watches, but does the fit and finish on the Stowa compare favorably? Inquiring minds want to know.

Plus, that will give the rest of us something to do while we wait for our FOs to arrive

Cheers,
    Daniel

congrats lucky guy
    it looks awsome!

Hehe, how do I follow that one up?

I put it in the same league as the IWC as far as case finish goes. It blows my chrono out of the water as far as lume though, totally off the charts. Of course it's like comparing apples and oranges in all other respects. I do love the IWC and it gets quite a bit of wrist time.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information