Your experience on using the online tool for engraving purpose?
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By iggy-th
  • 6 Post By infrarot123
  • 1 Post By Bradjhomes

Thread: Your experience on using the online tool for engraving purpose?

Confused Your experience on using the online tool for engraving purpose?

I have recently come to mind that i want to have a marine original, but when i went to the online tool to do the engraving, i cant make the font smaller and bent like how i will want it. So is it possible to just write it under the checkout note saying that what font i want and what do i want to put in and tell them they can squeeze it however they want as long as they are going around the wheel. BTW, i am not saying that i will ask them to put a paragraph in it and ask them to deal with that much words, im just simply want to put my initials and birthday. So did anyone has any experience with it, i would be greatly appreciate.

Re: Your experience on using the online tool for engraving purpose?

Hey Jocelynchoo,

I did have a problem once (and always) on online engraving tools
    So, I did the hand-sketch and send it to Luisa (that time was Luisa Brandt) and she did a mock-up for me.
    Later on, my requirement get much fancier and if I am willing to do so,
    I need to send .AI (Illustrator format) file and have some extra-cost for the custom engrave
    So the project has stopped.

But to let you know it's possible to do so :)

I think that is the best way to communicate is to draw (sketch) what you want and send it to Stowa's staff
    I'm sure they will let you know what they can do.
    hidden830726 and jocelynchoo like this.

Quote Originally Posted by iggy-th View Post
    Hey Jocelynchoo,

I did have a problem once (and always) on online engraving tools
    So, I did the hand-sketch and send it to Luisa (that time was Luisa Brandt) and she did a mock-up for me.
    Later on, my requirement get much fancier and if I am willing to do so,
    I need to send .AI (Illustrator format) file and have some extra-cost for the custom engrave
    So the project has stopped.

But to let you know it's possible to do so :)

I think that is the best way to communicate is to draw (sketch) what you want and send it to Stowa's staff
    Thanks for your reply, do i have to draw it using an .AI file or i can just hand sketch it and scan to the computer?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by jocelynchoo View Post
    Thanks for your reply, do i have to draw it using an .AI file or i can just hand sketch it and scan to the computer?

I start with hand sketch and if stowa confirm they are be able to do so, then .AI format is required.

Good advice.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

One time I was asking them do engrave a fancy icon on the rotor and they wanted me to send in the icon in the .AI format. I was having a difficult time trying to figure out what to do so I decided not to move forward with the project. Instead, I opted for the simple text that they offered in the online tool. The online tool is not too bad and as long as the text fits within the surface that's all that matters. For your information the engraving I chose is on the standard ETA 2824 rotor, which is on my TO2.

Quote Originally Posted by jocelynchoo View Post
    I have recently come to mind that i want to have a marine original, but when i went to the online tool to do the engraving, i cant make the font smaller and bent like how i will want it. So is it possible to just write it under the checkout note saying that what font i want and what do i want to put in and tell them they can squeeze it however they want as long as they are going around the wheel. BTW, i am not saying that i will ask them to put a paragraph in it and ask them to deal with that much words, im just simply want to put my initials and birthday. So did anyone has any experience with it, i would be greatly appreciate.
    Hello, I am Moritz Schauer, the son of Jörg Schauer, i am currently working, and have been working the last 2-3 years on the engravings!
    It surely is possible to have the engraving you want, just take the big gear wheel and draw your words on it(like in the online tool), snap it and send it to us via email, it definitely will be possible!

Quote Originally Posted by infrarot123 View Post
    Hello, I am Moritz Schauer, the son of Jörg Schauer, i am currently working, and have been working the last 2-3 years on the engravings!
    It surely is possible to have the engraving you want, just take the big gear wheel and draw your words on it(like in the online tool), snap it and send it to us via email, it definitely will be possible!
    Good to have you on the forum - I might be in touch soon!
    infrarot123 likes this.
    Brad (@bradwatch)
    - appreciating fine affordable watches since 2011

Quote Originally Posted by infrarot123 View Post
    Wow thanks I didn't expect a reply from you i don't know a lot about art but I can definitely do sketching on paper thanks for you respond.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information