Bellmatic 4006-7001 problem

Thread: Bellmatic 4006-7001 problem

Bellmatic 4006-7001 problem

Hello all,
    I have a beautiful bellmatic that has an alarm bezel problem. When I pull out the crown to first position, it spins freely. In second position, it sets the time, and also turn the alarm bezel when turning counterclockwise. However, the alarm bezel doesn't move until the time rotates to match the alarm position, then they turn together. So I can set the alarm this way, then reset the time by turning it clockwise.

I've got several bellmatics, but this is the only one that's cookey like this. Any idea what's behind this issue?

Re: Bellmatic 4006-7001 problem

Quote Originally Posted by Karl1 View Post
    Hello all,
    I have a beautiful bellmatic that has an alarm bezel problem. When I pull out the crown to first position, it spins freely.
    What spins freely, the crown, or the bezel, and what do you mean by freely? And what are you calling the positions. First position is crown fully in for this watch. In second position, a counter clockwise turn on the crown should produce a counter clockwise turn of the bezel, and a clockwise turn of the crown will do nothing but make clicking noise.
    Is your problem that at second position the alarm bezel doesn't work at all?
    Do you hear a clicking noise when rotating in a clockwise direction?
    Does your alarm ring at all?

In second position, it sets the time, and also turn the alarm bezel when turning counterclockwise. However, the alarm bezel doesn't move until the time rotates to match the alarm position, then they turn together. So I can set the alarm this way, then reset the time by turning it clockwise.
    I think that counter clockwise behaviour is normal, as the unlocking wheel and hour wheel notches/protrusions line up and mesh, so then it follows that you would be able to move both the hour hand and alarm bezel as they are functionally linked together.

It's a tractable problem depending on whether or not you can figure out at which end the problem is. But where it is will dictate the difficulty of fixing it.
    It's probably either something in the bell setting train from unlocking wheel to bezel, or from the crown to the unlocking wheel.

If you can set the alarm with out the bezel moving, the problem is gonna be between the unlocking wheel, alarm setting connection wheel, intermediate alarm setting wheel or bezel itself.

Are you able to set the alarm without bezel indication otherwise? For instance, can you pull the crown to first position, turn it a bit so that presumably the alarm is set at some arbitrary number not indicated by the hour hand or bezel,then after arming the alarm can you advance the hour hand till the alarm rings?

If so it's probably something in the bell setting train from unlocking wheel to bezel. If I'm following your post correctly, this is unlikely because I believe you are saying you are able to drive the unlocking wheel and bezel itself via the hour hand.

If you actually can't set the alarm period, which is what I interpret your post to mean, then it's going to be a problem between the setting works and intermediate unlocking wheel. It could be that the clutch wheel isn't engaging the setting wheel, which could point to the yoke or setting lever ,or, could be the "setting lever complete" not rocking into place to engage the intermediate unlocking wheel which might point to the setting lever spring iirc.

This is a more difficult fix due to all the little parts and levers and springs.
    Last edited by AKTJ; March 30th, 2019 at 03:51.

Thread Information