Bezel spring for 6309 or ball and spring?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JAA

Thread: Bezel spring for 6309 or ball and spring?

Bezel spring for 6309 or ball and spring?

Bear with me I know that as every second goes by I learn something new pertaining to watches. The bezel on my 6309 is not turning without using major force. I looked on You Tube and could not find anything, so the other day I was looking at a Seiko parts website and stumbled across a small spring and steel ball. I forgot what it was called but if I'm right it seemed like it might have been related to the bezel somehow. If this is correct let me know, and if there might be a tutorial showing how to replace it, or for that matter what the verbiage might be so I can check out some videos on replacing it. Thanks, Stromboli.

JAA

Re: Bezel spring for 6309 or ball and spring?

With your favorite search engine, look for "6309 diver click ball."

Procedure:
    1. Tool: Sharp knife blade similar to Swiss Army knife. Look for a slight indentation on the bezel and carefully wedge the knife between the bezel and watch case and lift up the bezel. Do it slowly, don't be in a hurry or use excessive force.

2. Keep the watch facing up (so the click ball won't fall out). At approximately between 1 and 2 o'clock position, there's a small hole, about 1mm in diameter. There's a ~4mm spring and a metal ball. Often the hole/spring/ball has dirt and rust keeping it from working

Note: you would have to do this in a clean area with lots of light and use magnification

Do whatever is necessary to get the ball and spring out. Clean, dry, and replace.
    Last edited by JAA; August 18th, 2019 at 05:29.
    Steevo66 likes this.

Re: Bezel spring for 6309 or ball and spring?

I haven't done it yet but I really would like to thank you for the feedback.

Thread Information