Help : Removal of V172 solar movement

Thread: Help : Removal of V172 solar movement

Help : Removal of V172 solar movement

Help !!

How to remove the V172 movement from the case of my V172-0AF0 ?
    I have already removed the stem.
    Many thanks in advance.

Re: Help : Removal of V172 solar movement

Once the stem is out, it should just fall out the back of the case.

You may need to use some tweezers to pull on the edges and encourage it to let go.
    IN ROTATION: Seiko SARB033, SKX007 (NH36 mod), SNA411, SNK809 (rebuild), SUP880, SZSJ005; Orient Bambino V3 FAC0000DD0; Casio G-Shock DW5600E; Timex Fairfield Sub-Second TW2R38000; Red Star 1963; Vostok Aмфибия 420059; Hamilton Khaki Field Auto H70455533; Tissot Le Locle T41.1.423.33; Glycine Airman 42 GMT GL0066
    PURGED: Invicta Pro Diver; Rodina R005; Seiko SSB033; Timex Weekender 38, Easy Readers
    CATCH AND RELEASE: Casio GWM5610; Seiko SKX013, SKX173; Tissot Automatics III, Le Locle Chronometre; Glycine Combat Sub GL0185

No it does not fall out , hence my post.
    On others Seiko (7T32,34 ...) it fall out without problem as there is no holding ring for the dial.
    I was wondering if it was a special procedure for this particular movement due to the thickness of the holding ring .
    So if anyone knows this particular model , please help me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

JAA

Post a photo and let us take a look, there maybe something special about your watch.

As MrDisco suggested, it should just come out; often you need to encourage it by lightly prying. What's happening is probably the two chonograph buttons are pressing against the movement. You need to use a small tool to push each button away from the movement one at a time as you wiggle the movement out. There may be a separate plastic movement holder that you need to lift out first.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by JAA; December 4th, 2019 at 04:19.

Unlike the others Seiko I have been involved with this one has a dial diameter bigger than the case diameter meaning thar the only way to remove it is from the font.

So my next question is how to remove the bezel/glass ?

Quote Originally Posted by JAA View Post
    Post a photo and let us take a look, there maybe something special about your watch.

As MrDisco suggested, it should just come out; often you need to encourage it by lightly prying. What's happening is probably the two chonograph buttons are pressing against the movement. You need to use a small tool to push each button away from the movement one at a time as you wiggle the movement out. There may be a separate plastic movement holder that you need to lift out first.
    No in fact and I have just discover that, the diameter of the dial is bigger tan the diameter of the case meaning that the dial/movement will not go out by the back as usual.
    Movement has to get out from the front , so next question is how to remove the bezel/glass ?

Quote Originally Posted by JAA View Post

In fact the diameter of the dial is bigger than the diameter of the case meaning that the dial/movement will not go out by the back as usual.

So next question is how to remove the bezel/glass ?

JAA

Does not sound right. "Front load" watch cases are usually made with no back opening.

With your favorite online search engine, look for a "Seiko Watch Case Servicing Guide." On the back of your watch's case there's a letter code something like "A0," "H2," etc. Then look up the diagram in the guide that would show how this case is constructed.

Good luck.
    Last edited by JAA; December 5th, 2019 at 05:22.

Many thanks, It is a B type case . It's a B6 which is not in the guide as they stop to B4.
    Anyway as shown for these case type B the caliber is removed from the front with the caseback used to have access to the battery or accumulator in my case.
    Removing the bezel is not easy with the tool shown in the guide (and dangerous). I think I have to get a special tool (on sale on AliExpress).
    Once again thanks a lot for your help.

JAA

The gap between the bezel and the case could be very narrow. My tool is the small blade of a pocket knife (Swiss Army). Process is to apply just enough pressure to keep the edge on the groove then slowly wiggle it in.

Thread Information