I want to help my friend restore a Seiko SLR001 Perpetual Monster *Any Help Is Appreciated!*

Thread: I want to help my friend restore a Seiko SLR001 Perpetual Monster *Any Help Is Appreciated!*

Exclamation I want to help my friend restore a Seiko SLR001 Perpetual Monster *Any Help Is Appreciated!*

A long time friend saw my interest in Seiko Monsters and sent me a message saying he has an old one, but it's broken. I was ridiculously excited, and want to help him find a way to bring this monster back from the dead!!!

The watch works perfectly he said, but the perpetual calendar thing is not working :(

Any help in directing me to where to find parts, or just a nice "give up, it's too difficult" would be extremely appreciated!! :)

Thank you, and I hope I am posting this in the correct sub-forum.

I believe the movement is the 8F35 HEQ movement....it's quartz if that helps :)

Re: I want to help my friend restore a Seiko SLR001 Perpetual Monster *Any Help Is Appreciated!*

I am going to see if I can get the watch from him and ask if I can take it apart with my ball of Justice!!! Lol, I don't know what I will be looking at....but maybe blowing the dust off it will help :)

I am hoping to continue to do some research into the movement and the perpetual date complication. I wonder if they switch the perpetual calendar function on every model...could I swap a new perpetual calendar Seiko quartz into it?

Anyway, I will continue to update this riveting thread and hopefully add some information if I find some :)

Have a great day, and thank you, in advance, for any information, or telling me I am a crazy idiot :P Maybe I will put it in a watch box with my Monsters and see if they fight to the death for our amusement....

tc3

Re: I want to help my friend restore a Seiko SLR001 Perpetual Monster *Any Help Is Appreciated!*

Not sure if you're still in need of this information:
    https://youtu.be/F3hVre1yf_k

There are PDF files of the battery change instructional manual online if you google too.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

tc3

8F series battery change instructions can be downloaded here

Thread Information