Movement swap for 7002 diver dial question

Thread: Movement swap for 7002 diver dial question

Movement swap for 7002 diver dial question

Hello

I was planning a project for a 7002-700J I wanted to swap the original movement with a NH35/36 but would the original 7002 dial fit the NH movement, any information would be appreciated.

Bonus question the NH movement is manual wind, would this pose a problem for the crown and case threads or can it be adjusted?

Thanks
    Hap44

Re: Movement swap for 7002 diver dial question

Simple answer: no.

Complicated answer: the 7S/4R/NH movements will fit the case, but the feet of the 7002 dial do not align with the 7S/4R/NH movements. The 7002's crown is a true 4:00 position whereas the 7S/4R/NH are at approx. 3:45. One could remove the feet and adhere the dial to the movement spacer, but then the major issue is day/date alignment. The 7002 day and date dials will not fit the aforementioned movements. In this circumstance, mods have been put together using no-date dials successfully.

With respect to manual winding, you'd end up having to get an aftermarket crown which has the spring loaded mechanism built-in, so trimming the corresponding stem for the movement will allow for hand winding in the unscrewed position.

Successful retrofitting will require a no-date dial with its feet removed, dial dots or some similar adhesive to mount the dial, an aftermarket crown and the correct stem for your movement.

Re: Movement swap for 7002 diver dial question

Quote Originally Posted by ap614 View Post
    Simple answer: no.

Complicated answer: the 7S/4R/NH movements will fit the case, but the feet of the 7002 dial do not align with the 7S/4R/NH movements. The 7002's crown is a true 4:00 position whereas the 7S/4R/NH are at approx. 3:45. One could remove the feet and adhere the dial to the movement spacer, but then the major issue is day/date alignment. The 7002 day and date dials will not fit the aforementioned movements. In this circumstance, mods have been put together using no-date dials successfully.

With respect to manual winding, you'd end up having to get an aftermarket crown which has the spring loaded mechanism built-in, so trimming the corresponding stem for the movement will allow for hand winding in the unscrewed position.

Successful retrofitting will require a no-date dial with its feet removed, dial dots or some similar adhesive to mount the dial, an aftermarket crown and the correct stem for your movement.
    Is it possible to swap the day/date wheel from a 7s26 on to the NH36 movement to keep the day/date function?
    Like similar movement upgrade in a snk809

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There is a brute force method to make this work. Instead of trying to jig the day/date wheels just print and stick a custom dwo

----

Name:  20200519_120731_HDR.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  109.5 KB
    and

Name:  20200519_120729_HDR.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  118.4 KB
    Last edited by aphtk; 1 Week Ago at 23:48.

in my case, I found a dead 7002. the dial fits the nh36 movement perfectly... no feet cutting

as for the date, it doesn't line up, but I have a template to print labels.

i also went a bit ahead ti print alt colors blue even dates black odd dates and red 31.

Thread Information