NH36 in a SNK809
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AKTJ

Thread: NH36 in a SNK809

NH36 in a SNK809

I have ordered the parts I foresee needing for this swap, but am I missing anything obvious? Anyone have tips?

Re: NH36 in a SNK809

What parts did you order? The obvious thing that's missing are some details! I'm kidding!

It's a pretty straightforward swap with the right tools. If you only ordered the movement with stem, then you can swap the day dial and spacer to the NH movement, trim the stem and reinstall.

Just checking, I have an empty snk case, just wanted to finally build a watch in it. Ordered the nh36 movement, comes with new stems, I have a dial, hands, crystal, and I have the original crown and stem. Trying to avoid getting everything in and realizing I forgot something, making me wait another week, lol.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

One thing to note is that the movement spacer on the NH36 is slimmer than that of the 7S26 from top to bottom (dial face to oscillating weight). I know in most circumstances the movement will be held in by friction alone, but if you want it properly secured by the case back, then you need to swap the spacer for the thicker 7S26 one.

Aside from that, it seems you have everything you need.

Quote Originally Posted by ap614 View Post
    One thing to note is that the movement spacer on the NH36 is slimmer than that of the 7S26 from top to bottom (dial face to oscillating weight). I know in most circumstances the movement will be held in by friction alone, but if you want it properly secured by the case back, then you need to swap the spacer for the thicker 7S26 one.

Aside from that, it seems you have everything you need.
    I could then just rob one of the black ones off of a donor 7s26 then correct? What do the nh36s come with, the stock gray one?

Thank you so much for the assist

The stock NH36's I've seen come with the gray spacer. I've done this swap before and had to install the black spacer from the 7S26.

Do you have the original SNK809 dial and day/date wheels? As another thing to look out for is that most of the NH36 movements I see on ebay etc have day wheels for crown's at 3'o clock, which when installed in a case with a 4 ' o clock stem, will result in a day wheel misaligned with the dial's window. Similarly, you've got to have the right 4'o clock dial in the first place, So you just might need to purchase the 4'o clock wheels and dial.
    ap614 likes this.

I did look out for that one, have a windowless dial coming, now im just on the wait for china post to Oklahoma.

Thread Information