Question about a Seiko 7S26 movement

Thread: Question about a Seiko 7S26 movement

Question about a Seiko 7S26 movement

Thought I would give this a try, maybe someone will recognize what is going on. The watch is new I have had it for 6 days. Ordered from a Singapore vendor on eBay and have sent them an email. I can return it but they will probably want me to pay the return shipping, hoping to avoid having to send it back.

The bottom of the number on the date wheel goes past the window when it changes over at approximately midnight (12:00AM). It works correctly when using the quick change function with the crown in position 2 (first click) or when turning the hands through the AM hours with the crown in position 3 (second click). But with the crown in position 1 (pushed all the way in) and the watch automatically changing the date, the date goes past the window by about 1/4 to 1/3 of the number. I was hoping it would correct itself after a few days but it has not. Also, I have not changed the day/date between the hours of 9:00PM and 4:00AM since I have had the watch. Anyone know or have a pretty good idea/guess of what might be happening? Thanks.

UPDATE:
    The same day I posted the above message I rotated the date wheel all the way around stopping at the previous day, using the quick change function. I then rotated the hours and minutes hands through 24 hours to get to the current date. It has worked correctly, centering the date numbers, for the past 4 days. That is the same thing I did when I first received the watch and it worked correctly for 2 days until I cycled through the date wheel and back to the current date using the quick change. Not sure if that would cause the problem but the next change-over is when it did not center correctly. It would still be interesting to know how that problem can occur in the movement if any knows.
    Last edited by gkdiamond; February 10th, 2018 at 20:19.

Thread Information