Seiko 5606-7140 Lord Matic Crystal Bezel issues....
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JAA

Thread: Seiko 5606-7140 Lord Matic Crystal Bezel issues....

Seiko 5606-7140 Lord Matic Crystal Bezel issues....

Hi - picked up a 1971 Seiko Lord Matic 5606-7140 in running condition but the glass crystal was heavily etched and this affected appearance and readability. Local watchmaker did not have any replacement crystals so went online and got one I thought was right but it never fit at all and then I was informed by watchmaker that the outer bezel may have been trimmed to fit in the glass crystal, which obviously was a replacement. Eventually was able to order the correct crystal, a 300V04GNG0 (30.00 x 1.80) and it still wouldn't fit because the trimmed outer bezel. Tried sending it to Crystal Fit in Atlanta with explanation and all they did was remove the old glass crystal and adhesive from the inner bezel and sent it back, no communication (also no charge, so I couldn't really complain) and I finally ordered a new outer bezel ring Seiko # 83369389 from Jules Borel and it looked like my problem would be solved. There was a gasket inside the case front but it has broken and watchmaker thinks it was used to hold the old crystal in place, maybe between the bezels.Likely not original. There is a bit of play in the space where the inner crystal ring sets into the case front. Watchmaker didnt want to deal with this as it seemed something was missing and he is not Seiko trained.....
    Does anybody know of someone who is aware of how these front loading Lord Matics fit the crystal to the inner ring and which gasket (and or adhesive) is used so that the crystal is held down and allows this watch to be functional ?
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks !

tingrin

JAA

Re: Seiko 5606-7140 Lord Matic Crystal Bezel issues....

Your watchmaker needs the old version of the Seiko Casing Guide:
    https://www.thewatchsite.com/files/C...ng%20Guide.pdf
    For "5606-714" (pg. 7 in pdf) it lists B-2 (pg. 13 in pdf) and "One-piece 5" (pg 21 in pdf). These diagrams show how it's constructed.
    tingrin likes this.

Much obliged, it looks like I need a Glass Gasket and a snap ring. I think I saw the former on ebay.....I will print out the the construction and show my watchmaker. This may work out yet !

tingrin

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got the glass gasket (came from Phillipines !) and used the casing guide pics to show my watchmaker how it all fit and he was able to do it ! Now wearing the watch proudly !

Thread Information