I am writing to you for help in my first modding experience.
I would like to make a custom diver and I thought that a Seiko could be an ideal base.
Here is a simple draft I made, absolutely work in progress:
First of all I ask for your support in choosing the right model as a starting point.
I would like it to have these characteristics:
- Dimensions from 37mm to 40mm;
- Crown at 3 o'clock;
- Day of the month and week;
- No chapter ring.
I thought that a model with all these features could be the SKX023.
An alternative could be the SKX031 or SNZF29, but the problem is the tilted chapter ring, typical of Seiko, that I don't like.
So I have two possibility:
1) Use a SKX023 (difficult to find);
2) Use a SKX031 ore SNZF29, but I will need to replace the chapter ring with a non tilted one, like this:
This could be perfect, but it is for SKX013, that has the problem of the f o'clock crown.
So the first question is about the size of the chapter ring: is the same in SKX013 and SKX031 (or SNZF29)?
Or it has a different size?
My secondo questione is about the dial.
I will try to make a customized dial, but the main problem is to know the exact size of it.
How can I know the exact size in order to draw a new one?
For the moment I stop, after solving these initial questions we will talk about:
- NH36 movement (with crown replacement, if necessary);
- Replacement of hands;
- Replace strap;
- Sapphire crystal (maybe doomed);
- Sandblasted case (maybe);
- Transparent case back (maybe).
Thanks for your support!