SKX chapter ring removal

Thread: SKX chapter ring removal

SKX chapter ring removal

Greetings, everyone!

I'm a big fan of what I've seen of the Seiko SKX watches, especially the ability to mod it to reflect attributes of other watches (especially a favorite Omega of mine **hint hint SM300**). The only quirk I have is the size of the watch face. With the chapter ring beveling inwards towards the face, it makes the watch face look smaller than I prefer. Since I have yet to try my hand at this, I have to ask:

1. Does one need a chapter ring in the case?
    2. If so, is it possible to find a chapter ring that drops straight down instead of beveling in towards the watch face?

Re: SKX chapter ring removal

Quote Originally Posted by thefunkybat View Post
    1. Does one need a chapter ring in the case?
    2. If so, is it possible to find a chapter ring that drops straight down instead of beveling in towards the watch face?
    1. Yes, otherwise upon assembly, the dial doesn't butt up against anything, as the chapter ring creates a positive stop.
    2. The Dial of the SKX isn't that much bigger that having a theoretical straight up and down chapter ring would work.

Re: SKX chapter ring removal

Hi people l am taking my Seiko SRPA83 the have the chapter ring adjusted after the first of the year, will the process have any side effects that I should be aware of ie. Gaskets, seals, water resistance any help will be appreciated, thanks Steve.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Tapatalk

Thread Information