SKX lumed bezel insert comparisons
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By shox75
  • 1 Post By d3xmeister

Thread: SKX lumed bezel insert comparisons

SKX lumed bezel insert comparisons

Hi everyone, I want to install a ceramic bezel insert on my SKX007. I want it to be an OE style. My first choice would be the original LCBI ceramic insert but they now only carry the sapphire version and I'm not a fan of the off-white appearance of the numerals. The only other options are from DLW and Longislandwatch. Anyone own either of them?
    DLW doesn't have stock currently which I think is the closest match. The Longislandwatch insert seems to have bolder numerals. Which would you choose?
    Attached Images Attached Images

ACL-Watch likes this.

Re: SKX lumed bezel insert comparisons

I too dislike the saphire lcbi green hue. That’s what I have on one of my SKX’s (blue one) and after many months still haven’t warmed up to it. One of my friends has the dlw lumed ceramic but I don’t like it, markings are too think and is still kinda greenish in daylight.
    Form LIW, I have their lumed ceramic submariner style mounted on a Orient Mako and I love it. Great quality, always looks white and plenty powerful for me (in line with Mako’s dial lume, so weaker than SKX)
    ACL-Watch likes this.

Re: SKX lumed bezel insert comparisons

Quote Originally Posted by shox75 View Post
    Hi everyone, I want to install a ceramic bezel insert on my SKX007. I want it to be an OE style. My first choice would be the original LCBI ceramic insert but they now only carry the sapphire version and I'm not a fan of the off-white appearance of the numerals. The only other options are from DLW and Longislandwatch. Anyone own either of them?
    DLW doesn't have stock currently which I think is the closest match. The Longislandwatch insert seems to have bolder numerals. Which would you choose?
    I'm in the same boat as you are. I love the look of the "Batman" colored bezel in ceramic. My concern is that it may be too thick with the stock flat crystal and stock bezel.

I emailed Marc at Long Island Watch and he said their ceramic bezels are flat but just a "tad" thicker than the stock bezel.

Does anyone have a stock SKX007 or 009 with the upgraded ceramic bezel insert? If so, does it sit too high or is it ok on the stock watch?

Thanks!
    Last edited by ACL-Watch; 19 Hours Ago at 19:07. Reason: subscribe

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The flat ceramic works fine with the stock crystal. I haven’t tried DLW or LIW but have tried the LCBI (ceramic), Watch&Style, and another from eBay. The LCBI is a little more crisp with more of a radius on the edge. The eBay one had less smooth lume close up but it was quite a bit cheaper. I also cracked this one across the top, my fault but very annoying.

LCBI:
    Name:  F3A3933F-7E1A-47EC-8598-CEAEF7C90040_1591040064938.jpeg
Views: 1
Size:  722.0 KB

eBay:
    Name:  F7135A50-DD44-4EC0-9253-EC860C0C62A3_1591042059704.jpeg
Size:  1.14 MB

W&S (this watch is currently for sale):
    Name:  BE6F48BB-3BFE-4BC9-8A77-AF4C80D92EEC_1591041297578.jpeg
Size:  1,008.2 KB