SKX Questions

Thread: SKX Questions

SKX Questions

Hi all,

Relatively experienced modder here. I just want to confirm a few things about the SKX007 before I purchase if possible:

1) SKX007s are ~42mm? It seems to vary wildly depending on the site/time of day. For some reason I always thought they were 38mm which is why I currently have an SNZF on my wrist.

2) If I intend on replacing essentially everything except the bare case, is there any reason to go for a J version over a K given I can get a Korean model for significantly less?

3) I believe the bezel is unidirectional. Is there any way to make it bidirectional that people are aware of?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Re: SKX Questions

Spec :

https://www.amazon.com/Seiko-Automat...ns_feature_div

J vs K explained :

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f281/d...ned-81783.html

3) I believe the bezel is unidirectional. Is there any way to make it bidirectional that people are aware of?
    -Just remove the bezel spring under the bezel ring.
    Like me ! Like me !

Visit my BLOG.

Thanks mate, very much appreciated!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Anytime mate.
    Like me ! Like me !

Visit my BLOG.

Hey, good afternoon, question about movement swapping. I (successfully) modded my SKX 007 with a submariner dial, Mercedes style hands, polished chapter ring, crystal, etc.

I plan to wear the SKX 007 for the rest of my life (which will hopefully be long)
    I understand that the 7S26C will eventually run into short supply as it’s been discontinued for the likes of the NH35/6

Watching some of the tutorials on upgrading movement, I was wondering if I would have to go through the trouble of swapping over day/date wheels? My modded dial doesn’t have a day/ date opening and I never plan to swap to a dial that has.

Can I simply swap the black 7s26 spacer with the grey NH36 spacer and get on with my life? Or does the misaligned day/date interfere with timekeeping?

Sorry for the long reply I would just rather switch the spacers, buy like 4 NH36 and a fitting crown/stem and just live my life (don’t want to swap the day/date dials each time)

Thank you for your time.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk_XRS View Post
    Hey, good afternoon, question about movement swapping. I (successfully) modded my SKX 007 with a submariner dial, Mercedes style hands, polished chapter ring, crystal, etc.

I plan to wear the SKX 007 for the rest of my life (which will hopefully be long)
    I understand that the 7S26C will eventually run into short supply as it’s been discontinued for the likes of the NH35/6

Watching some of the tutorials on upgrading movement, I was wondering if I would have to go through the trouble of swapping over day/date wheels? My modded dial doesn’t have a day/ date opening and I never plan to swap to a dial that has.

Can I simply swap the black 7s26 spacer with the grey NH36 spacer and get on with my life? Or does the misaligned day/date interfere with timekeeping?

Sorry for the long reply I would just rather switch the spacers, buy like 4 NH36 and a fitting crown/stem and just live my life (don’t want to swap the day/date dials each time)

Thank you for your time.
    You got all of it correct.
    If you are not going to have a DAY/DATE function. Just swap to a NH35 or NH36 (also just swap the black spacer if you want) and use the correct crown stem.
    All is done.

*that will not be the only watch in your life.... trust me !
    Like me ! Like me !

Visit my BLOG.

Thread Information