Spring bar for micro adjustment won't expand (Seiko Samaurai)

Thread: Spring bar for micro adjustment won't expand (Seiko Samaurai)

Spring bar for micro adjustment won't expand (Seiko Samaurai)

I have a problem with the spring bar on my new Seiko Samurai blue lagoon watch bracelet (bought from a user on here who purchased it this past August). I'm not blaming him or anything like that because it's an issue that looks like it's the manufacturing of the bar that was defective and it had just finally failed when I applied pressure to the compressible ends the last time (it worked the first couple of times I was adjusting).

Situation: While I was adjusting the micro adjustment part of the clasp, the spring bar that holds the link connecting the bracelet to the clasp kinda broke. I wasn't ruff with it. I just used one of those strap removing picks and poked the spring bar end so I can compress it and it never came back up. Now I can't connect the claps and the link to wear the watch. Not sure if I can easily replace it or have to get an exact replacement from seiko some how because it does slide into the metal bracelet link (like a sword in a sheath), so it's got to be a specific size.

Should I email Seiko and do a warranty claim or any sort. I don't have the receipt since I bought it from someone, but that person did give me the box with the instruction sheet and the warranty card showing date of purchase, serial number, store stamp, etc. Do you think Seiko might just send me a bag of the link or do you think I might have to send the whole watch in? Any advice would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Name:  IMG_3204.JPG
Views: 202
Size:  1.05 MBName:  IMG_3205.JPG
Views: 186
Size:  975.9 KB

Re: Spring bar for micro adjustment won't expand (Seiko Samaurai)

Took it too a Seiko authorize dealer and the guy threw my spring bar on the floor; swapped it for another springbar; free of charge.

Thread Information