Frustration in Laco
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Frustration in Laco

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Frustration in Laco

First I need to state that I'm an engineer use to working to deadlines, when I say something is going to be completed by a certain date, I get it done or as early as I know there is an issue I alert the client.

Now my frustration:
    I ordered a Laco model "Paris" one of the most expensive in the line. I also requested the upgraded topgrade movement.

When I ordered the watch, the website stated it would by 10-12 days extended beyond the normal 2-3 days delivery. Their website also states that they will keep you informed on the status. Note these were days not weeks or months. I have never received an update from them unless I request it as stated below.

I ordered the watch on 11/28/19. using the conservative the watch should have shipped around Dec. 19. I sent an email on Dec. 20th asking what the status was. The response was, "Thank you for your order at the Laco Web Shop. Sine this watch is with a TOP movement as well as an engraving we need to time to produce it. We will ship the watch latest on the 10th of January with Federal Express to you."

On Jan 13th I sent a note asking the status on the watch. The response I received was, "Thank you very much for your email. We feel very sorry for the delay in shipping...we are able to ship your watch latest end of January."

So they do not live up to what they state as delivery time on their website.
    They do not keep you informed of the status of your order
    They do take you money.
    They do not keep their secondary commitments.
    I'm not sure they keep this latest date or because I'm kind of a novice I'm not sure I'll get the "Upgraded Topgrade Movement."

Now I would not be in business very long if I made commitments and did not live up to them. I'm quickly loosing confidence in this and not sure if I should cancel my order. I am looking for suggestions and advise as to if this is the way Laco treats it customers, particularly for those purchasing their most expensive products.
    mistikalsunshine likes this.

Re: Frustration in Laco

It is your money to spend or not spend. I don't share your experience myself. My aachen taupe arrived when expected. Keep in mind that engraved watches cannot be exchanged or returned.

What worries me more is your suggestion they might not give you the movement you requested. What makes you think that? If true that would be a serious issue, much bigger than some shipping delay.

Sent from my rotary phone using Crapatalk
    higginsd and Rickster27b like this.

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

I understand your frustration. Everybody who is waiting for his desired watch would be frustrated. This is indeed an unfortunate situation and I am almost certain that the Christmas / holiday season in Germany is an influencing factor. However, I only see two options:
    1) back off and do without this beautiful watch
    2) wait patiently and enjoy the watch when it is delivered.

I'm not sure I'll get the "Upgraded Topgrade Movement."
    That would not be Laco. Laco has always proven to be extremely reliable in the past, you will read a lot of praise about Laco here. So your worry is completely unfounded.
    Last edited by stuffler,mike; 4 Weeks Ago at 18:01.
    Rickster27b, higginsd and TgeekB like this.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I understand your anxiety and expectations to be updated but I believe that the Christmas break also had a part to play in them getting the movement in and making your watch. The pain of the wait and anxiety will all go away when you receive your watch. Hopefully it is up to your expectations.
    stuffler,mike and Rickster27b like this.

Sponsor / Moderator

Hello RLS1851,

we totally understand your disappointment and frustration with your order in our online shop.
    Please accept our sincerest apologies for your negative experience with us until now due to the missing updates and feedback regarding your order and the belated delivery date for the watch.

The model “Paris” has parts of the movement, which have a rosegold plating, unlike our other watches with Valjoux 7750 movement. Also it has finely guilloched parts.
    Therefore for the top execution you ordered, we can’t use a “normal” top movement from our stock, but we have to refine this after the order. Unfortunately we had no decorated movement in top execution ready on stock.

As Mike already mentioned, we had Christmas holidays here in Germany and our watchmakers as well as the staff for the electroplating of the movement parts have been away on leave.
    This led to a delay of the production of your watch. Of course this doesn’t excuse the lack of communication with you, but we hope it helps to understand the situation.
    Normally we keep all customers informed if there are any changes in their order, and we have already taken internal steps for a better cutsomer communication now.

Currently the movement parts get the rosegold plating. After this we will manufacture the watch and send it out to you as promised lately by end of this month.
    We are very sorry indeed for the inconveniences and apologize again for this situation.
    Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate contact us again.

Best regards,
    Sarah from the Laco Team

I feel your pain RLS1851. Welcome to the world of on-line watches and ordering from out of country. Patience is a virtue, indeed.

It’s not just Laco, be assured. I await a watch (not Laco) that was paid for in October 2019 and supposedly sent on December 13th. Dead tracking numbers and no where in sight. I doubt it has even made it off the watch makers bench! Like your experience, communications are warm and conciliatory, but only when I initiate them. I have given up on even trying, so it is hurry up and wait. Just hang in there.

Laco is a known entity (unlike mine) and will come through for you and I bet you will be delighted with the watch when in hand. The Laco clock I have is great!
    Rickster27b likes this.

The idea is building trust. If someone keeps telling you something that isn't true or they don't deliver, why would you believe anything else they say.

Mike,
    Thanks for the kind response. I really would like to have this watch, so based on the responses I have received. I'll try to be patient.

I would have not been bothered if they would have told me in the beginning, because of the Christmas holidays it will be delivered (date) in January. But to make a prior commitment and not keep it causes a lot of frustration.

Quote Originally Posted by Laco Pforzheim View Post
    Hello RLS1851,

we totally understand your disappointment and frustration with your order in our online shop.
    Please accept our sincerest apologies for your negative experience with us until now due to the missing updates and feedback regarding your order and the belated delivery date for the watch.

The model “Paris” has parts of the movement, which have a rosegold plating, unlike our other watches with Valjoux 7750 movement. Also it has finely guilloched parts.
    Therefore for the top execution you ordered, we can’t use a “normal” top movement from our stock, but we have to refine this after the order. Unfortunately we had no decorated movement in top execution ready on stock.

As Mike already mentioned, we had Christmas holidays here in Germany and our watchmakers as well as the staff for the electroplating of the movement parts have been away on leave.
    This led to a delay of the production of your watch. Of course this doesn’t excuse the lack of communication with you, but we hope it helps to understand the situation.
    Normally we keep all customers informed if there are any changes in their order, and we have already taken internal steps for a better cutsomer communication now.

Currently the movement parts get the rosegold plating. After this we will manufacture the watch and send it out to you as promised lately by end of this month.
    We are very sorry indeed for the inconveniences and apologize again for this situation.
    Should you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate contact us again.

Best regards,
    Sarah from the Laco Team
    Thank you for your response and I really look forward to receiving my watch.
    Regards, Randy

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information