Laco Bremerhaven
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Laco Bremerhaven

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Laco Bremerhaven

Hello all - thought I would put up a few pictures of my new Laco Bremerhaven. This is a departure from my usual purchasing of Laco Fliegers. I have always wanted a Navy watch, but was not 100% convinced about Laco's Navy watches until they, in my opinion, hit an ace with this watch and its companion the Cuxhaven. Other than being attracted to the idea of a Navy watch, Id watched a really interesting You Tube video by a chap called Bill Sanders (Watch ArtSci) who apart from musing about his very expensive German watch collection, talked about the idea of purchasing a watch based first and foremost on the movement rather than the brand. To illustrate his point he talked about the ETA 6498.1 and I was taken aback by the variety of watches that this movement can be found in, ranging from the distinctly affordable to the painfully expensive. Anyway, for me his watch and its sibling succeeds on both counts: it has a wonderful movement set within a lovely design that marries up modern with tradition. The quality of the workmanship is first rate. I have a number of hand winding watches, but this has a very different feel. It has the sensation similar to winding up a fully blown clock! I thought long and hard about which watch to go for, the white Cuxhaven or the black Bremerhaven. In the end personal taste took me to the black faced Bremerhaven. I was confused for a bit when making the decision which watch to go for. Firstly, a few on-line reviews described the Cuxhaven as having an enamel dial. I suspect this is incorrect (but please correct me if I am wrong). The Laco web site refers to "enamel optik", which I think probably translates to 'enamel look'. Secondly, I cannot work out why only the Cuxhaven has blued hands (I have to admit to feeling a little cheated by the omission of this on the black faced Bremerhaven). If anyone could, for interests sake, shed any light on this I would be very interested. In the end I plumped for the Bremerhaven and would certainly recommend it. The only thing I changed was the strap, replacing the Laco strap with a blue Herzog Vintage Passion strap - I have three colour variants of this strap and thoroughly recommend them.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Re: Laco Bremerhaven

Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pics with us.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Very sweet. Good pictures and well written. Looks great on that strap.

Good decision on the darker dial, IMHO. You can do more with it in terms of how it looks.

Enjoy it.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I'm a fan of this model, too. Thanks for sharing!

To Mike, Nokie and PaddyChicago, many thanks for your nice comments.

Nice write up. I'm a big fan from of 6497/8 movements and have three. Two of the three were heavily modified by the manufacturer to create interesting complications.
    Nokie likes this.

Thanks slcbrown. I suspect I have also become a fan of this movement, although it will be a while before i can afford to buy another watch with this movement.

Thank you for sharing your views...its a lovely watch that interests me a lot...please share a wrist shot if possible 🙂

This is a stunning watch and such a classic vintage style. Thanks for sharing!
    Hamilton Khaki Field Day Date :: Glycine Airman World Traveler :: Lum-Tec M60 GMT

This watch has the WOW factor...outstanding choice..that is a lot of watch..I have been looking at the Cuxhven and the Archimede Deck Watch in bronze
    You are correct about the movement..which intrgues me since it a base design modified sometimes ..but at heart still 6498

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information