NEW Limited Edition Kiel
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: NEW Limited Edition Kiel

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Exclamation NEW Limited Edition Kiel

The LACO Kiel is not only a beautiful watch and well-executed chronograph, it could also be one of the best kept secrets of the Flieger Collection. To celebrate this exemplary design, LACO has just announced that a very limited run of special Kiel watches are going to be produced. Only 15 examples of the watch that features a unique numbered engraving on the side of the case, a decorated LACO 50 movement (based on an Elaboré grade ETA 7750), and a mesh bracelet will be made available. Although you can order the Kiel Limited Edition right now through the LACO Shop, the watch won't ship until December 2, 2013.

Name:  861879-1.jpg
Views: 3565
Size:  89.1 KB

Name:  861879-3.jpg
Views: 2079
Size:  76.2 KB

Name:  861879-4.jpg
Views: 3209
Size:  109.3 KB
    Last edited by Uwe W.; January 8th, 2014 at 17:08.

NEW Limited Edition Kiel

I noticed this watch yesterday on the website. Wondering why they can't go with a black date wheel on the original Kiel? Not sure about the price either. Overall stunning piece. I just wish that the Kiel had a better crown considering....
    Last edited by picklepossy; November 14th, 2013 at 02:25.

"Time is the only true unit of measure, it gives proof to the existence of matter, without time, we don't exist."

Re: NEW Limited Edition Kiel

Quote Originally Posted by picklepossy View Post
    Wondering why they can't go with a black date wheel on the original Kiel?
    I saw it on the web site the other day too and wondered the same thing about the date wheel. I don't mind the white date wheel on my Kiel, but if I had an opportunity to swap it for black I'd probably do it. I wonder if Laco would swap it for customers who send their Kiel back to the factory? Or sell the date wheel separately so it could be swapped by a local watchmaker.
    Last edited by logan2z; November 14th, 2013 at 03:30.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

NEW Limited Edition Kiel

Is there anyway that Laco could improve the crown on the Kiel? I'm liking the crown on the Archimede better but would prefer purchasing a Kiel.

"Time is the only true unit of measure, it gives proof to the existence of matter, without time, we don't exist."

Quote Originally Posted by picklepossy View Post
    Is there anyway that Laco could improve the crown on the Kiel? I'm liking the crown on the Archimede better but would prefer purchasing a Kiel.
    For what it's worth, the diamond crown on that Archimede is something that was never used by LACO. Of the original B-Uhr manufacturers, only IWC used a diamond crown, so I can't see LACO ever using one on any of its watches. LACO B-Uhr crowns varied slightly over the years, but predominantly could be described as being onion crowns. Although the crown fitted to the Kiel isn't exactly an onion crown, it's probably closer in appearance to an original, and therefore more fitting, than if a diamond crown had been used.

Companies like Archimede are not one of the original manufacturers of these watches and therefore have the luxury of being able to mix and match styling cues from the originals. I appreciate that there was never a chronograph version of the original B-Uhr in the first place, but since watches like the Kiel rely on many styling cues borrowed from the original designs, using a crown that is reminiscent of an original only makes sense.

If anything, it would make more sense to request that the Kiel come with a crown that is being used by the other current LACO B-Uhr models.

NEW Limited Edition Kiel

Thank you Uwe for your post. I am fully aware who the original five manufacturers are. To your point regarding the crown should be more like the Laco B-Uhrs that Laco makes is exactly what I should have said. That would be nice to see.

I actually think that the current Kiel crown blends well stylistically with the watch. Not sure I'd want to see the B-Uhr crown fitted.

Awesome watch!
    What you gotta do, you gotta do!!!

Collection :
    Omega, Rolex, Blancpain, Zenith, Tudor, IWC

Hello, any information on the movement re: Grade? Is it chronometre? It's nicely decorated, but is it just a base level 7750? Thanks much.

It's no wonder the Archimede chronograph is a multi-time design award winner. With it's well integrated date wheel and all around attention to detail, you can see that it shines where others have shortcomings. I really like the Kiel, but for the money asked, I would need to love it.
    Last edited by CM HUNTER; January 4th, 2014 at 21:41.
    picklepossy likes this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information