Any De Bethune owners here?
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Any De Bethune owners here?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any De Bethune owners here?

Iím a big fan of De Bethune. A true artisanal watch in my opinion. I do not own one yet. Iím wondering if folks here who have one could share your impressions of them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Collection: Rolex Air-King (116900), Tudor North Flag (91210N), Grand Seiko 9F (STGF267)...............
    Next Acquisitions (ideally): Rolex Sea Dweller-Deep Sea, Blancpain Villeret Grande Date

Re: Any De Bethune owners here?

I don't have one, though I do admire them, and thought the thread would be cooler with a photo.
    RyCheDay, dbostedo, WTSP and 1 others like this.
    Alpina, Ambassadeurs, Frederique Constant, Girard-Perregaux, Glycine, Mido, NORD Zeitmachine, Omega, Oris, Poljot, Seiko, Swatch, Tissot, Tutima, Ulysse Nardin, Zenith

I really love the brand and have had a chance to try some of them on in a few stores and at events. This is me trying on a DB28 "steel wheels".

Name:  5dcYwv3.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  224.7 KB

The DB28's are wonderful - wildly light, flat, the articulating lugs even out the pressure. Among all the watches I've tried on, I think that they feel closest to having nothing on your wrist, short of tiny dress watches. Finishing is definitely top tier, although that's obviously not what you're paying for. The blued finishing is exquisite although I suspect won't hold up to frequent wear. They claim a pretty high level of shock resistance although I can't speak from experience.

The titanium polishing is even shinier in person than what the image shows. It's probably also one of, if not the shiniest watch I've seen. The steel wheels is for that reason a bit too blingy for my tastes. My choice would probably be either full black ceramic finish ("shadows") or with a black dial and ceramic bezel.

If I had $40k right now, it'll be a hard choice between a pre-owned DB28 and Linesport centigraph. I'll probably buy something from them someday.
    KtWUS, RyCheDay, WTSP and 1 others like this.
    Devon Tread 1E, Tread 2 BTO, Ressence Type 3, NORD Variocurve V4

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful watch. Unfortunately I live in the hinterlands and we had no De Bethune ADs in my area.
    Itís definitely my ďwin the lotto watchĒ. So looking is probably as close as Iíll get

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Current Collection: Rolex Air-King (116900), Tudor North Flag (91210N), Grand Seiko 9F (STGF267)...............
    Next Acquisitions (ideally): Rolex Sea Dweller-Deep Sea, Blancpain Villeret Grande Date

that looks like a star trek memorabilia. I think they call that a transponder lol. Beam me up scottie.

Quote Originally Posted by aznseank View Post
    that looks like a star trek memorabilia. I think they call that a transponder lol. Beam me up scottie.
    I've seen them on the wrists of literal billionaire trekkies. I'm more of a star wars guy myself although I'll happily watch anything star trek.
    Devon Tread 1E, Tread 2 BTO, Ressence Type 3, NORD Variocurve V4

I love them. Amazing looks and technology.
    RyCheDay likes this.

I had a DB28, sold it about two years owing it. One reason was they had a bit of financial trouble so I didn’t feel comfortable owing it.

Another problem was it’s avant-garde look, once the initial excitement wore off, sometimes I look at my wrist and wonder what am i wearing?

Love the DB28, however, if you're concerned about price, consider buying them second hand.

I have a friend selling a solid gold DB25 for like 35k SGD.

Which is a bargain on the 95k SGD RRP
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Insta: @watchanton

5711 | 5164
    | 26400SO | 116900 | SBGJ021 | IW377714

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

I don't own one, but I really like these two, especially the perpetual. The others (that look like planes) are too avantgarde for my taste, and they go beyond the main purpose of reading the time.

Name:  db25-qp.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  101.8 KBName:  ml_image.806481.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  94.1 KB
    dbostedo and RyCheDay like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information