Any Experience on Cvstos Watch?
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Horophilia
  • 1 Post By PJ S
  • 2 Post By 991C4S

Thread: Any Experience on Cvstos Watch?

Any Experience on Cvstos Watch?

I've known this brand for a long time, but not until recently I started to take interest of its lineup, especially the Sealiner.
    Anybody here has any idea about their company' root? What movement do they mount (in-house / off the shelf ETA, Sellita, etc)? Is there any relation to Franck Muller?
    I've done some digging on the internet but couldn't find much about it.
    991C4S likes this.

Re: Any Experience on Cvstos Watch?

CVS350 is claimed to be an in-house movement – the bridges are certainly not the typical style of an ETA 2892, as much as the rotor pivot, jewel count, and regulator would appear to indicate.
    I believe the chronographs are the venerable 7750, so it stands to reason that it’s either a bespoke ebauche from ETA or they make some parts (bridges/main plate, for example) internally, and buy in the rest.

Nice enough watches, especially the orange Dani Pedrosa model they did a few years ago, but I’d sooner go for the Vanguard from Franck Muller, although the Jet Liner is rather appealing.

Edit:
    It seems the connection is that the CEO is the son of one of the Co-owners of FM Watchland Group.
    It also seems that Cvstos is now part of the same group, if it hasn’t been since its inception in 2004/5.

https://www.watchprozine.com/horolog...anova/2888451/
    Cvstos - WorldTempus
    https://www.backesandstrauss.com/pre...ow-3wj83-kxnxr
    Last edited by PJ S; December 1st, 2019 at 04:16.
    991C4S likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    No connection that I’m aware of, so independent.
    CVS350 is claimed to be an in-house movement – the bridges are certainly not the typical style of an ETA 2892, as much as the rotor pivot, jewel count, and regulator would appear to indicate.
    I believe the chronographs are the venerable 7750, so it stands to reason that it’s either a bespoke ebauche from ETA or they make some parts (bridges/main plate, for example) internally, and buy in the rest.

Nice enough watches, especially the orange Danny Pedrosa model they did a few years ago, but I’d sooner go for the Vanguard from Franck Muller, although the Jet Liner is rather appealing.
    I thought that they're run by a family member of the Franck Muller owners and share some fabrication processes?
    Devon Tread 1E, Tread 2 BTO, Ressence Type 3, NORD Variocurve V4

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

^
    Misinformation corrected.

I have one, I love it. I am friends with the Franck Muller group, so every year or so I'll trade between models. I've always had a Franck Muller or Cvstos in my collection. As stated above, Cvstos uses the standard ETA/Valjoux movements. However, their tourbillon and high-complication pieces are predominantly in-house and built in Watchland. Most of the watches are still manufactured in FM's Watchland.
    Attached Images Attached Images

WTSP and Zhanming057 like this.
    Audemars Piguet ROO Safari
    Rolex DJ II
    Rolex Milgauss Z-Blue
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas 47040
    Romain Jerome Spacecraft
    IWC Ingenieur IW3233-03 RG

They’ve got some cool pieces and materials. I find the sizes a bit big, but I like the way they finish movements and skeletonize. Girard Depardieu is a fan, for what it’s worth...

I was shown a gold and black one at a local jeweler here in Utah who had one in-stock used. Was a little chunky for me so I didn't bother looking at it too closely.

Thread Information