The bathyscaphe - Could there be a more perfect vacation watch.
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: The bathyscaphe - Could there be a more perfect vacation watch.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

The bathyscaphe - Could there be a more perfect vacation watch.

It strikes me after wearing my new slate grey bathyscaphe that I may have found the perfect match between a watch and an activity. I think most of us think about the dress watch, the casual watch, the globetrotting watch and so on. One could argue the blancpain bathyscaphe can be worn for a casual but nice dinner just as much as it can be worn while at the beach or at work. However, I think that sells this watch short.

What is interesting is that once I got comfortable with the watch, and spent way to much money of the deployant clasp, I have truly found a watch that fits best on vacation.

It was not until I wore it for a week while traveling that I realized how damn comfortable it is. I never worry about scratching it and with the clasp and sailcloth strap it sits perfect while in a hot climate. Better yet, the lack of a bracelet puts the right weight on my wrist. The lume is perfect for reading at night and I canít help but take a quick gander at it in the sun.

The fact is, if I wore any of my other watches, someone would notice a Rolex, or panerai. It would be hard to miss a big pilot. This watch is neither an imposter trying to look like something else nor is it screaming for anyone to look at it.

I think I can sum up my week on the wrist moment as this....
    Thank you James Bond for never wearing this watch in a movie and ruining my opportunity to enjoy the purity of a watch at its best with no fuss.

Pics of course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Mbarmash; October 26th, 2019 at 00:25.

Re: The bathyscaphe - Could there be a more perfect vacation watch.

I agree, it's a phenomenal all around watch that has that nice balance of dressy and sporty. Looks great!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

It's a fantastic watch, no doubt. Not too shabby on the bracelet, either:

Name:  5 sept 2019.jpg
Views: 532
Size:  91.2 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Mbarmash View Post
    It strikes me after wearing my new slate grey bathyscaphe that I may have found the perfect match between a watch and an activity. I think most of us think about the dress watch, the casual watch, the globetrotting watch and so on. One could argue the blancpain bathyscaphe can be worn for a casual but nice dinner just as much as it can be worn while at the beach or at work. However, I think that sells this watch short.

What is interesting is that once I got comfortable with the watch, and spent way to much money of the deployant clasp, I have truly found a watch that fits best on vacation.

It was not until I wore it for a week while traveling that I realized how damn comfortable it is. I never worry about scratching it and with the clasp and sailcloth strap it sits perfect while in a hot climate. Better yet, the lack of a bracelet puts the right weight on my wrist. The lume is perfect for reading at night and I canít help but take a quick gander at it in the sun.

The fact is, if I wore any of my other watches, someone would notice a Rolex, or panerai. It would be hard to miss a big pilot. This watch is neither an imposter trying to look like something else nor is it screaming for anyone to look at it.

I think I can sum up my week on the wrist moment as this....
    Thank you James Bond for never wearing this watch in a movie and ruining my opportunity to enjoy the purity of a watch at its best with no fuss.

Pics of course.

Very nice indeed, but I prefer thr refinement of the 50fathoms...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mind if I ask what the deployant clasp set you back?

Quote Originally Posted by WastedYears View Post
    Mind if I ask what the deployant clasp set you back?
    $700.

WastedYears likes this.

Watch does look great (better for me) on bracelet!
    ajbutler13 likes this.

I had the chronograph version of this watch, and I agree with you on all points. It’s a great all rounder of a watch for an active lifestyle. I sold mine off because I bought a JLC Deep Sea chronograph in cermet, and I thought that would be a better watch for me, as it was much lighter and scratch proof, but while that watch has been great, I still regret very much letting go of the Bathyscaphe..
    IWC Aquatimer Chronograph "Jacques Yves Cousteau", IWC Portuguese 7-Day Automatic, JLC Deep Sea Cermet, JLC Tribute to Polaris 1965, Panerai 233 "Dot", Panerai 439 Oro Rosso, Patek Philippe 5130 World Time, Rolex Milgauss, Rolex Seadweller, Vacheron Constantin Overseas Chronograph, Vacheron Constantin Overseas World Time. Vacheron Constantin Patrimony Traditionnelle Chronograph.

IG: bvllitt

Quote Originally Posted by islands62 View Post
    I had the chronograph version of this watch, and I agree with you on all points. Itís a great all rounder of a watch for an active lifestyle. I sold mine off because I bought a JLC Deep Sea chronograph in cermet, and I thought that would be a better watch for me, as it was much lighter and scratch proof, but while that watch has been great, I still regret very much letting go of the Bathyscaphe..
    Yeah. I looked at the chrono but agree itís heavier, higher and ends up missing the main reason I love the watch. Just my thought.

And to the others on the bracelet. Itís growing on me. Iíll need to hit the AD and try it on.

I really wanted to love this watch as it does some many things well but for me some of the elements on the face a bit off in terms of proportion. I'm speaking in terms of the 38mm version though. Must say looks great in your photos.
    Dan GSR likes this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information