Blancpain Bathyscaphe vs. Vacheron Overseas Gen 2

Poll: Bathyscaphe or Overseas?

Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Blancpain Bathyscaphe vs. Vacheron Overseas Gen 2

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Blancpain Bathyscaphe vs. Vacheron Overseas Gen 2

I'm ready to add another watch to my collection, and I'm having trouble deciding between these two. I will own them both eventually, just trying to figure out where to go first. What would you do?

Thinking about availability and pricing, as well as how each one fits with what I have now. The Bathyscaphe seems to be here to stay, but I am not sure how the availability and pricing of the Gen 2 Overseas will fare over the next few years. I am considering the Dual Time as well. I would lean toward the white dial on the Overseas (even though that makes it more similar to the IWC I have), since the Bathyscaphe only comes in one color.

Name:  blancpain-fifty-fathoms-bathyscaphe-automatic-black-bezel-grey-dial-bracelet-watch-p2317-4517_im.jpg
Views: 292
Size:  81.9 KB
    Name:  47040B01A-9093-Vacheron-Constantin-Overseas-Date-Stainless-Steeljpg.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  56.4 KBName:  va54a.jpg
Views: 281
Size:  247.0 KBName:  666.jpg
Views: 289
Size:  108.5 KB

My current collection for reference:
    Name:  DWIP7ixRATXX-toKMrKYw5OHAHYzkPbxi4u-_8bLl_4OwszUeFW41vwuU39wB5MxIqmAyICrKtQOqnjwIoYf1qgZ02WJaRZB.jpg
Size:  74.9 KB
    @watchalefty on Instagram

Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Day-Date, Glashutte Original PanomaticLunar, H. Moser & Cie Pioneer, JLC MUT Moon, Vicenterra Tycho Brahe, Breitling Navitimer
    , Zenith 36'000 VPH, Habring2 Foudroyante, IWC Ingenieur 3239, Nomos Metro 38, Omega Planet Ocean

Re: Blancpain Bathyscaphe vs. Vacheron Overseas Gen 2

Such a tough call! I have a bathy and a VCO3. The bathy is indestructible. The VCO is much more of an all arounder. Honestly - I can't decide which way to counsel you if I had to pick!
    kak1154 likes this.

I believe the bathy comes in a sunburst blue as well, but I personally have a soft spot for the Overseas Dual Time.
    kak1154 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by blueoracle View Post
    I believe the bathy comes in a sunburst blue as well, but I personally have a soft spot for the Overseas Dual Time.
    It does, and the ceramic cases are very nice, but the bracelet is a must-have for me, so that limits me to the gray dial in a steel case.

Sent using Tapatalk
    @watchalefty on Instagram

Vacheron Constantin FiftySix Day-Date, Glashutte Original PanomaticLunar, H. Moser & Cie Pioneer, JLC MUT Moon, Vicenterra Tycho Brahe, Breitling Navitimer
    , Zenith 36'000 VPH, Habring2 Foudroyante, IWC Ingenieur 3239, Nomos Metro 38, Omega Planet Ocean

Vote for Bathyscaphe
    kak1154 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kak1154 View Post
    My current collection for reference:
    Name:  DWIP7ixRATXX-toKMrKYw5OHAHYzkPbxi4u-_8bLl_4OwszUeFW41vwuU39wB5MxIqmAyICrKtQOqnjwIoYf1qgZ02WJaRZB.jpg
Size:  74.9 KB
    Personally, I’d ditch a few of those to realise the funds to get both pieces you’re talking about.
    Habring is a brand that I’d love to support, but they make absolutely nothing that I find remotely interesting.
    Oris, Longines, Zenith (both of them) – meh.
    Nomos – their world timer, in a better looking case/lug design, is the only one which I could get excited about.
    Breitling and the ubiquitous orange bezel OP – as appealing as sitting on a red hot poker!

Sometimes, less is more, and this would be one of those times.
    Get yourself an IWC Aquatimer 2000 on bracelet, as with the quick strap change mechanism, you can add a rubber strap to give you options on how it looks, leaving you free to opt for any Bathyscaphe, even if it means sticking to just the sailcoth strap on most versions of it, unless you’re a bracelet person.

That said however, I don’t see what the Bathyscaphe offers over the VCO and Pioneer. Don’t get me wrong, I do like the watch, but the FF and Aquatimer, with their full lume bezels have more appeal.
    Even the Blancpain FF Trilogy (early 2000s) and Chopard L.U.C Pro would be further up the pecking order.
    kak1154 likes this.

Name:  5 sept 2019.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  91.2 KB
    Like you, OP, I also had to have the bracelet. It was a GREAT decision.

I usually will opt for VC, but looking at your collection, I would go with Bathy
    IllCommunication and kak1154 like this.

The VC Overseas.
    kak1154 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xherion View Post
    I usually will opt for VC, but looking at your collection, I would go with Bathy
    Agreed. Had your collection been more varied I would have said VC but Blancpain will stick out more and be more unique.
    kak1154 likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information