Blancpain bathyscaphe on the wrist comfort?
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Blancpain bathyscaphe on the wrist comfort?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Blancpain bathyscaphe on the wrist comfort?

Hi,

I picked up a bathyscaphe on sailcloth. Such a cool watch.

One of the things that I noticed is that as soon as the sailcloth broke in the pin I was on, the third to last made the watch sit looser. I have been using the second to the last but itís a bit tight. On leather straps I just punch a half hole.

Itís funny, it was so comfortable but with sharp edges on the watch and a low profile it is starting to feel pretty uncomfortable.

Anyone know a suggested approach? I would assume I could go nations raise it up a bit. Maybe the bracelet.

Most of my watches sit taller so o rarely run into this issue.

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Blancpain bathyscaphe on the wrist comfort?

The sailcloth strap just didn't hold up for me. The Nato is INCREDIBLE. The bracelet looks nice enough but compared to my Rolex and Overseas bracelets I just couldn't live with it - it is very cool but very industrial.

My journey included wearing out the sail cloth and picking up a cheap leather strap which was an improvement but I never loved the quality. I FINALLY stepped up to a decent leather strap and now I LOVE it as much as when I first got the watch.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f381/f...t-5034109.html

Get a 23mm NATO strap (either TOXICNATOS or WATCHGECKO). For even more comfort, get an ErikasOriginal in 23mm when they're available

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think the bracelet is incredible. There's nothing else quite like it visually, and it's really comfortable, too. There's no micro-adjustment, but it comes with four half-links. so you should be able to get a good fit.

Name:  5 sept 2019.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  91.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ajbutler13 View Post
    I think the bracelet is incredible. There's nothing else quite like it visually, and it's really comfortable, too. There's no micro-adjustment, but it comes with four half-links. so you should be able to get a good fit.

Name:  5 sept 2019.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  91.2 KB
    Itís a thought I have but being that I am between two pain holes and itís really not dealing with average worst size changes I am worried to take the plunge on that.

Though I had a good solution by taking the 50 fathoms deployant and putting it on but that did not help. First time having a sailcloth.

If this was leather I know it would wear is just enough to be perfect and I would not even need to ouch half holes. I donít want to try and make a watch fit and for the price uncomfortable is not worth it.

I thought I would find others who have the same issue since itís so common on leather straps I just donít know how to solve in sailcloth other than measuring millimeters and specifying where I need the damn hole.

A bad strap can ruin a great watch.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbarmash View Post
    Itís a thought I have but being that I am between two pain holes and itís really not dealing with average worst size changes I am worried to take the plunge on that.

Though I had a good solution by taking the 50 fathoms deployant and putting it on but that did not help. First time having a sailcloth.

If this was leather I know it would wear is just enough to be perfect and I would not even need to ouch half holes. I donít want to try and make a watch fit and for the price uncomfortable is not worth it.

I thought I would find others who have the same issue since itís so common on leather straps I just donít know how to solve in sailcloth other than measuring millimeters and specifying where I need the damn hole.

A bad strap can ruin a great watch.

Any other suggestions are welcome.

I have a suggestion, but I dunno if you're gonna like it...

You Could find yourself (or make) a thickish leather keeper that would compliment, and put that on your strap. That could work too snug up the fit a little bit. It couldn't be a thin, dressy keeper, I don't think. It would have to be kind of broad.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Cinjent View Post
    I have a suggestion, but I dunno if you're gonna like it...

You Could find yourself (or make) a thickish leather keeper that would compliment, and put that on your strap. That could work too snug up the fit a little bit. It couldn't be a thin, dressy keeper, I don't think. It would have to be kind of broad.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
    Not a bad idea. What I have done for now is switch the strap around so the deployant is the other way. This did not do anything with the buckle but with a deployant it seems to rest the metal different that seems more to count or my wrist and therefore gives a bit of room.

If I can get the sailcloth to stretch just a tiny amount this will be cool.

On another note. I love the 50 fathoms deployant. However one should know that the pin hole is locked in with a screw. Cool to keep it from moving but not good if you want to go back and forth between holes. But still a very cool and terribly overpriced deployant.

Thanks for the thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mbarmash View Post
    This is the answer. Time for a custom strap.
    WastedYears likes this.

I immediately removed my sailcloth and pin buckle and installed a Bathyscaphe calf skin and a deployant clasp. Comfort has not been an issue.

Name:  C40D05F1-C5F2-4A2C-8AC0-617EDA6774FC.jpeg
Views: 186
Size:  2.67 MB
    Mbarmash likes this.

I've had a lot of custom straps made for my Bathyscaphe and the ones I like the most are a black alligator leather strap and a grey/black canvas strap. For some reason I find the Bathyscaphe doesn't look great on brown leather.

In terms of non-custom, I dig the Toxik Nato strap and especially the Barton Elite strap.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information