Breguet vs Zenith vs Louis Moinet
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Breguet vs Zenith vs Louis Moinet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Breguet vs Zenith vs Louis Moinet

I’m considering

Breguet XXI 3810
    Zenith el Primero Defy 21 (skeleton dial)
    Louis Moinet Geograph or Jules Verne III

What’s your pick?

Name:  Watches3.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  337.0 KB
    Last edited by davco61383; February 28th, 2020 at 16:36.

Re: Breguet vs Zenith vs Louis Moinet

I am sorry... your taste in watch design is very very questionable. Those are possibly the three most hideous and gaudy looking timepieces that I've seen. It seems like you want a mesh between a dress watch and a diver. Please just get two separate watches. BTW, I do apologize if I offended you.
    BobMartian and dobie727 like this.

I wouldn't chose any of the watches in question. Probably the Breguet is the least bad choise of them but that's probably not a positive recommendation. But it's your watch so it's up to your personal preferences.
    dobie727 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aznseank View Post
    I am sorry... your taste in watch design is very very questionable. Those are possibly the three most hideous and gaudy looking timepieces that I've seen. It seems like you want a mesh between a dress watch and a diver. Please just get two separate watches. BTW, I do apologize if I offended you.
    Why don't you let people enjoy what they enjoy :) If you have nothing to add, at least be polite about it.

Between the three the most interesting one in technical terms is the Zenith with the ultra high beat chrono and the 6hz movement. If you like the look, I would get one in full ceramic for the added durability. You may also want to check out Hublot's Meca 10 series which IMO is a deeper and more interesting skeletonization look. Also NORD Zeitmaschine for an indie option.

The Breguet's design language is less clear to me, and I don't think that it pulls off a business look any better than the Zenith.
    WTSP likes this.
    Devon Tread 1E, Tread 2 BTO, Ressence Type 3, NORD Variocurve V4

Banned
    Louis Moinet Geograph or Jules Verne are snazzy looking, so that's what I'd pick.

I second that the Zenith with the 10Hz movement is impressive, both in carbon and ceramic. That would be my pick, even thought the 3810 is super neat and a lot more versatile. Try both on, they are fairly easy to find at ADs or online, and see what you think!

For Louis Moinet, I think they have more interesting watches than the ones you fancy. They look like dressier watches but wear like sports watches due to the diameter and thickness, and it's definitely an acquired taste. The 20 second tempograh is more enthralling to me.

Banned
    FWIW - I'm no expert on this stuff- my watch advisor tells me that Bovet is unmatched in the realm of skeleton watches. His is, to my eye, baroque yet undeniably beautiful. It's got a lot going on: it's sorta like a pocket watch, but it can be stood on a table or worn on a strap, or like a pendant or like a pocket watch.

He called it his only "case queen." I had no idea what that meant. Turns out it's a watch a collector buys b/c it fits w/his vision for the collection he's curating, but that he has no intention of wearing.

I had to laugh at such a notion. But then not being a collector, I would, b/c as a buyer, the whole point of having a watch is to use it. Even art collectors & museums use their collected pieces.

Despite being a Breguet fan, the Defy EP21 is the clear winner here for me - provided you can handle the size (unfortunately a touch too big for my c. 6.75" flatish wrist - although in the pictures below it doesn't look too shocking). The XXI, although it sits higher wears slightly better in that regard, ultimately I went Type XX though. Louis Moinet I can't comment on, haven't handled them in person and don't particularly have any interest in doing so. Best of luck!

Name:  IMG_20190113_144449.jpg
Views: 91
Size:  1.29 MB
    Name:  IMG_20190113_144746.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  1.22 MB
    Name:  IMG_20190113_144753.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  1.19 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sasropakis View Post
    I wouldn't chose any of the watches in question. Probably the Breguet is the least bad choise of them but that's probably not a positive recommendation. But it's your watch so it's up to your personal preferences.
    Please crawl away for good.
    Last edited by murokello; March 2nd, 2020 at 06:16.

Had to try this new LM on for size when offered. Not really my cup of tea, an aquired taste for sure, and a real beauty, I was floored by it. Titanium, 109 grams. 45mm but with its stepped case design it looked and felt smaller, light but substantial. Happy Hunting!!.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    WTSP likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information