Breguet Yellow Gold vs Rose Gold
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cayenne06

Thread: Breguet Yellow Gold vs Rose Gold

Breguet Yellow Gold vs Rose Gold

I’ve been looking at a Breguet Marine Chrono in rose gold. I’ve found a couple on Chrono24 in yellow gold and from the pictures they look pretty close to the rose gold. Would the yellow gold be a good option or is there a major difference in the color from rose gold?

This was the rose gold at the boutique.

Here is a yellow gold version I found on Chrono24.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Breguet Yellow Gold vs Rose Gold

I as I understand the "rose" gold Breguet uses is similar in color to Patek's and could be described as 4N. The gold used by Blancpain is redder and is more accurately described as 5N. This shade is closer to Rolex's Everose and the red gold of Brietling. JLC calls their version "pink" gold and is described as 3N, and is more close to yellow gold. I own a JLC pink gold master calendar, and many think it is yellow gold. Side-by-side there is a notable difference in the Breguet yellow and rose gold. Also, the 5827 Marine Chrono is available with 2 dial choices in rose gold and only one choice in yellow gold. The 2 rose gold versions looks completely different. The 5827BR/12/5ZU (the one in your boutique photo) rose gold dial is difficult to read in some light, while the 5827/BR/Z2/5ZU dial has more contrast and is easier to read, as well as more sporty IMHO. It ultimately comes down to which one you prefer on your wrist.
    IllCommunication likes this.

If it were me (and i do love rose gold) I would not buy a yellow gold. Breguet uses a REALLY yellow gold. I would just wait and keep hunting for that rose gold one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I like rose gold but find yellow gold to be more versatile. They are so different that I would wait for the one I really wanted. Certainly worth trying the yg before giving up on the Marine, though.

Thread Information