Chopard Mille Miglia vs Girard Perregaux Traveller GMT Alarm
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Watchbreath

Thread: Chopard Mille Miglia vs Girard Perregaux Traveller GMT Alarm

Chopard Mille Miglia vs Girard Perregaux Traveller GMT Alarm

Been considering these two watches as my entry to high end. I don’t have an alarm/gmt nor do I have a chronograph so I think this will boil down to which watch is better overall.

Are they even on the same level? I think GP is the higher end brand but it’s close. The GP looks elegant and unassuming. The Chopard on the other hand looks a little more fancy.

So I guess my question is which watch would give more value for the money when it comes to brand, movement, finishing, overall workmanship of the watch.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Chopard Mille Miglia vs Girard Perregaux Traveller GMT Alarm

They are nice watches but not high end. The Chopard Mille Miglia has Eta movement and the GP has A.Schild movement. I think you should ask yourself if you want a chronograph or not. Easy way to choose one.

Do you really need a stopwatch on your wrist?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As I have built my collection, I find that clarity is the thing I require most of all. My eyes are not what they were, but ultimately, I want to glance at a watch and be able to tell the time straight away - I don't want to decipher what it is.

Therefore I find the Chopard much harder to read than the GP, so the latter would be my choice and I quite like the GMT function too.
    Omega SMP 300 Chrono
    Omega 8500 Aqua Terra
    Omega 2500 Orange PO
    Vintage Omega Geneve
    Chopard GT XL
    Bell & Ross BR03-92 Ceramic

I would go for a JLC reverso.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Hi OP,

Those are 2 nice watches, however it is always helpful to know a little bit more so we can give appropriate advice. Are you absolutely set on those 2 watches? Have you researched a lot and you love those 2 designs?
    Ultimately, you should buy the watch you love the most, both have very useful complications (I think alarm, gmt and chronograph are arguably the 3 complications that someone is actually going to use on a regular basis).

I am not very familiar with the quality of craftsmanship of those 2 models specifically, but on the more recent releases from both brands (last 5 years), Chopard is probably slightly ahead of GP in terms of craftmanship and finishing. The movements are not manufacture, but they are robust and can be serviced, I would say that at this point it's really about personal aesthetic preference and fit on your wrist.

If you are open to other suggestions, let us know what you are looking for (size, complication, price bracket) and we can maybe help you in your search.

All the best,
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchbreath View Post
    Do you really need a stopwatch on your wrist?
    Its a question that haunts me everything I consider a grail manual dress chronograph.

Cool Re: Chopard Mille Miglia vs Girard Perregaux Traveller GMT Alarm

One that might get you really drooling, Nivrel - Le Chronographe Replique II, N 585.001
    Quote Originally Posted by DoraTheExplorerII View Post
    Its a question that haunts me everything I consider a grail manual dress chronograph.
    harryst likes this.

Thread Information