GADA hunt Blancpain Bathyscaphe 38mm
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Dr_zoidberg_md

Thread: GADA hunt Blancpain Bathyscaphe 38mm

GADA hunt Blancpain Bathyscaphe 38mm

Good folk of the forum, i'm hunting down a gada. I work in an office but not the sort of office that's suit and tie, more a smart casual. Other then that i'm chasing my kids around on the weekend and meeting up with other friends/parents etc.

Going through websites i stumbled on to the grey dial 38mm 50fathom. Looks amazing and specs are also fantastic. I can take it off friday and it's running monday morning if it choose to not wear it over the weekend. Slim enough to go under a cuff when needed.

The thing is I don't know much about the brand so I have some questions:

1. this 1153 movement a durable one take the bangs and knocks of a daily wearer? I have watches i'm very careful with but this is unlikely to be one i treat carefully.
    2. servicing? these guys a pain to service or can anyone decent watchmaker do it?
    3. I know deep down this isn't important but want to know, this caliber considered inhouse? I have a few mates who will irritate me here and there if it's not. Again not that it ultimately matters but it is a 10k watch...

thanks in advances folks.

Re: GADA hunt Blancpain Bathyscaphe 38mm

I have had the Bathyscaphe with the 43mm case for a while now and really enjoy mine. It's a different movement and not long enough to answer your question about servicing.

But I can tell you the Blancpain 1153 is an all in-house movement.
    gumpy_999 likes this.

thank you for sharing

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

It’s a very small watch. Try before you buy - the hour markers are practically microscopic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by dinexus View Post
    It’s a very small watch. Try before you buy - the hour markers are practically microscopic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ah okay =/... my wrist can't take the 43mm unfortunately... i'll go look at it in person.