Girard-Perregaux Frida Kahlo Automatic 18k Diamond Bezel Watch - Authenticity? Value?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By BlackMexican

Thread: Girard-Perregaux Frida Kahlo Automatic 18k Diamond Bezel Watch - Authenticity? Value?

Girard-Perregaux Frida Kahlo Automatic 18k Diamond Bezel Watch - Authenticity? Value?

I bought this watch with some other watches at a government auction. It is hallmarked "750" and it tested 18k gold. Our diamond tester indicates the stones around the bezel are genuine diamonds. I'd like to get some input on this watch like authenticity, it's value, or any other details you can offer me. Supposedly they only made 10 of them and this one is 9/10. Thank you for your time!

Sean

Name:  001.JPG
Views: 81
Size:  370.2 KBName:  006.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  827.0 KBName:  008.JPG
Views: 76
Size:  523.2 KBName:  010.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  1.28 MBName:  012.JPG
Views: 79
Size:  466.0 KBName:  013.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  514.2 KBName:  016.JPG
Views: 75
Size:  1,006.2 KBName:  018.JPG
Views: 80
Size:  972.9 KB
    slcbbrown likes this.

I hope you can read Spanish.

https://www.revolution.watch/mxl/ico...ard-perregaux/

It looks genuinely like a GP 1966, so I suspect it is authentic. However, Limited Editions like this appeal to a very specific market, so the value can only be realised if you can find a buyer. Also, I hope you got all the boxes and papers in the sale, as the attractiveness is significantly reduced without them.

Edit: I note a difference between the numbers in the article to the actual watch. Perhaps they revised it after the press release went out fearing lower than expected interest.

Re: Girard-Perregaux Frida Kahlo Automatic 18k Diamond Bezel Watch - Authenticity? Value?

Hi, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I didn't receive the box or paperwork. Supposedly they made one without diamonds which was limited to 20 and one with diamonds which was limited to 10. It's a beautiful watch and it works great. If I were to list this on eBay, what would be a good starting price?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Girard-Perregaux Frida Kahlo Automatic 18k Diamond Bezel Watch - Authenticity? Value?

So the gold tested as real, the diamonds tested as real, but there are still questions regarding its authenticity? Man, these fakes must be getting that good.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMexican View Post
    Hi, thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I didn't receive the box or paperwork. Supposedly they made one without diamonds which was limited to 20 and one with diamonds which was limited to 10. It's a beautiful watch and it works great. If I were to list this on eBay, what would be a good starting price?
    See eBay and Chrono24 to see what other non-limited 38mm GP 1966s in gold are listed for and adjust from there. In the end, itís not the starting price that matters, but how the sale concludes. Be forewarned, GPs have terrible resale value, so I hope you didnít pay too much. If you really want to test the marketplace, list it for $1.00 and let the market decide.

Beautiful watch. Can't guess value, but you might ck other, gold 1966's, as a start.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMexican View Post
    List it at a starting price of $1. Listings that have a reserve or high starting price tend to get fewer participants and end at a lower price that those where there is a lot of bidding starting at a lower level. As an example, Iíve seen watches listed at say $4000 as a starting price sell at or a few dollars above $4k with only one or two bids, while the same model listed at a starting price of $1 might sell for $4500 - $5000.