Which Girard Perregaux WWTC
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Which Girard Perregaux WWTC

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Which Girard Perregaux WWTC

Been thinking about purchasing a world timer and Ive pretty much settled on the GP. I found these two examples for about the same price, but Im having a hard time deciding.

I prefer the panda dial on the steel model. I dont currently have a titanium watch, so the black dial could bring something different to my collection. I also like having the bracelet, as sourcing a steel bracelet may not be an easy task.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Which Girard Perregaux WWTC

Hard choice. Personally, I would go for the one that is the easiest to read (especially when the light is not great).
    Omega SMP 300 Chrono
    Omega 8500 Aqua Terra
    Omega 2500 Orange PO
    Vintage Omega Geneve
    Chopard GT XL
    Bell & Ross BR03-92 Ceramic

Personally, I think world timers should stand on their own, so no chronograph complication. Therefore, I would suggest something like these:

Photo credit: @Taleda on Chrono24

Photo credit: @Ronald Grob on Chrono24

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I totally agree with Arcadelt... I'd much prefer no chronograph on the world timer. That last one pictured is great.
    slcbbrown likes this.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

If you are inclined to go bracelet, then go bracelet. This isn't some dainty dress watch that requires a leather strap to look right; a bracelet makes this a much more versatile piece.

With a bracelet, you never have to worry about sweating into it; you never have to worry about splashing it when you wash your hands; you never have to worry about getting caught out in the rain; and your long term maintenance costs are lower, as you never have to replace a stinky leather strap.

Having noted that my stated preference is for a bracelet, my observed preference is for leather straps, as I own more watches with leather straps than metal bracelets. So I live these leather strap frustrations, but I continue to go back to the leather strap well, because there is just something about a beautiful watch on a leather strap.

I have the titanium on a leather strap.

I feel the white Chrono will be easier to read, and that white diail is gorgeous...
    But the Ti is more lighter...
    Good luck on this one

Sent from my Moto Z3 Play using Tapatalk
    slcbbrown and Nikrnic like this.

Those GP worldtimers are a great choice. I've been eyeing these models for several years. I also prefer the less busy looks of the non-chrono versions, but if legibility isn't an issue, I'd get the panda.

Those GP worldtimers are a great choice. I've been eyeing these models for several years. I also prefer the less busy looks of the non-chrono versions, but if legibility isn't an issue, I'd get the panda.

Quote Originally Posted by arcadelt View Post
    Personally, I think world timers should stand on their own, so no chronograph complication. Therefore, I would suggest something like these:

Photo credit: @Taleda on Chrono24

Photo credit: @Ronald Grob on Chrono24

agree with this so much that I have the 2nd watch in this post. wwtc 1966 in leather strap. My advice is get that, but with the bracelet. the clasp on the leather wore and it stopped locking in place after a couple of months. the metal bracelet has a different clasp.

Id go for the grey dial power reserve version that arcadelt posted. Chrono isnt necessary in this case unless you really want one. Also, I prefer when GP models only have the full brand name on the dial and not the GP Girard Perregaux duplication in such close proximity. Make it one or the other. Same applies to Audemars Piguet and other perpetrators.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information