Great experience at AP House Madrid. Only 4 month wait for a RO Jumbo
Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By Carlos C

Thread: Great experience at AP House Madrid. Only 4 month wait for a RO Jumbo

Great experience at AP House Madrid. Only 4 month wait for a RO Jumbo

I recently visited for the first time the Audemars Piguet house in Madrid with the intention of ordering a 41mm RO blue dial. I had already tried one at my local AD but i wanted it in blue. The watch that i really wanted was the RO Jumbo, but i wasn’t going to spend $25k in a watch w/o trying it on first and did not wanted to wait years for it nor paying a premium. I had already spoke over the phone with one of the sellers so he already knew my intentions. Once arrived i was greeted by him and right away we started to talk about watches. After an hour or so talking and accompanied by a bottle of Glenfarclas 30, the seller told me that he did not had a Jumbo in the boutique, but that he had one in the city that it was used for events and photo shootings. That if i was willing to wait he could get it so i could try it on. After 2 more hours and a lot more Glenfarclas, the watch finally arrived. Once i put it on i knew that it was the watch that i wanted. I ask him how long would it take for me to get one. He answers me by saying that he only sells that watch to people who really appreciates it and know about its history. That many people go there asking for it, but most of them just want it to show it off and because is a status symbol. Finally he said that he will sell it to me. I placed the order and four months later the watch finally arrived. My sincere thanks and gratitude to the seller, I will reserve his name, because i don’t know if he will get in trouble for giving me proirity for the watch. Sorry for all the typos, my english is not very good.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Great experience at AP House Madrid. Only 4 month wait for a RO Jumbo

Beautiful and congrats on the lovely AP!!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

Great story, and great outcome. Congrats on your new AP.
    ------------------------------
    Good Dealings: editor9, iam7head, MrH42, curt941, nin9919, twjohnso, gr8sw, ryasja2009, Twistoff, JordanR, chili16, Captain Beefheart, litbruin, silveradosilver, iceman66, jatherly, husonfirst, Timecat, dothedo, PeekPoke, ingmar

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

That's a really great story! Congrats on your new AP, and well done to the AP staff member for prioritising a true enthusiast. Wear it in good health!

ps your English seems excellent :)
    Current:
    Anonimo Millemetri Japan LE Bronze | Anonimo Polluce | G-Shock DW-5600MS-1 | JLC Reverso Grande Ultra Thin | Linde Werdelin Oktopus Moon Gold | Linde Werdelin Tattoo | ochs und junior Moonphase | Rolex Day-Date 1803 | Sarpaneva K0 Seasons | Sinn 104 | Swiss Military Chrono 20012ST | Vintage Fortis Dress Watch

Awesome story and congratulations!
    Current Collection: Cartier Tank Francaise, Celadon Imperial, JLC MUT Jubilee, JLC Reverso GT Shadow, JLC Reverso TT1931, JLC MUT Small Second 38.5, JLC Polaris Automatic, Rolex Explorer (2016), Tag Heuer Carrera

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...aTvU53LCRO7rcs

Agreed on the comment about the AD only selling to those who would appreciate its history and gravitas (well, at least in the watch sense). More acquisition stories need to go like this.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    • Audemars Piguet Royal Oak 15500ST.OO.1220ST.02
    • Blancpain Bathyscaphe Chronographe 5200.1110.70B
    • Bremont Boeing Model 247 Ti-GMT
    • Casio G-Shock GW2310FB-1CR
    • Casio G-Shock Frogman GWFD1000B-1
    • Grand Seiko Snowflake Gen1 SBGA011
    • Omega Globemaster 130.33.39.21.03.001
    • Omega Grey Side of the Moon 311.93.44.51.99.001
    • Oris Aquis "Source of Life" LE 01 733 7730 4125
    • Oris Aquis "Staghorn Restoration" LE 01.735.7734.4185
    • Rolex Daytona 116523-WSO/78593
    • Rolex Submariner 114060

Quote Originally Posted by Alysandir View Post
    Agreed on the comment about the AD only selling to those who would appreciate its history and gravitas (well, at least in the watch sense). More acquisition stories need to go like this.

Regards,
    Alysandir
    I'm not sure I agree with that. It makes a nice story, yes, but the rationale given by the salesman is way too black and white. I certainly am not into brand history the way other folks here are, despite really (I think) appreciating the watches. So should I not be able to buy one? And for that matter, other than the brand value/marketing aspect, what's wrong with someone buying an AP because they want to show off? (I mean, I find it distasteful, but from a sales standpoint, should the dealer care?)
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Thread Information