Happy Thursday, what is everyone wearing today?
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Happy Thursday, what is everyone wearing today?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Happy Thursday, what is everyone wearing today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Happy Thursday, what is everyone wearing today?

Being quarantined, I do not wear any watch at home. However, I am curious, since you recently arrived on the forums, I have seen from you 2 De Bethune, a Fifty Fathoms Tourbillon and now a Moser Perpetual Calendar (maybe more in other threads I didn't check).
    What is coming next? Care to share a few pics of the other pieces of the collection?

Just curious and eager to see and learn more!
    All the best,
    A.

Quote Originally Posted by ar7iste View Post
    Being quarantined, I do not wear any watch at home. However, I am curious, since you recently arrived on the forums, I have seen from you 2 De Bethune, a Fifty Fathoms Tourbillon and now a Moser Perpetual Calendar (maybe more in other threads I didn't check).
    What is coming next? Care to share a few pics of the other pieces of the collection?

Just curious and eager to see and learn more!
    All the best,
    A.
    Hi A,

Allow me to share my 3 most recent purchases with you...

And some three which were traded to make room for the incoming...

I would say I moved in the right direction. Hope you have a great day!

One question, why would you not wear your watches at home? For me that would be unthinkable. I can understand having somewhat of a fear wearing them outside, or especially while on the road in an unfamiliar city... but never at home. I usually become pretty selective when I travel internationally, but otherwise I enjoy my watches pretty much anywhere life takes me.

Regards,
    Jim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    GrouchoM, RyCheDay and Reeser1 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lots of polls around here about when people wear watches, and quite a few (myself included) don't wear a watch at home.

Although I have been lately, during my work day, to keep to routine... I try to be "at work" the same schedule I had been working in the office, and wear a watch.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

Quote Originally Posted by jameswatchsd View Post
    One question, why would you not wear your watches at home? For me that would be unthinkable. I can understand having somewhat of a fear wearing them outside, or especially while on the road in an unfamiliar city... but never at home. I usually become pretty selective when I travel internationally, but otherwise I enjoy my watches pretty much anywhere life takes me.

Regards,
    Jim

Thanks mate, I appreciate the detailed post! There are some killer pieces there, and the Double Split is such an underrated watch, it looks fantastic.

I’m not sure why but I do take my watches off as soon as I get home but always put one on if I leave for any reason. So when I don’t leave home, it just seems natural to not wear one. I guess the use is limited inside my home as watches are either “tools” to me or art pieces to be worn and enjoyed in real life situations (meaning outside). Now that I think of it maybe I should wear them at home too, never really thought about it.
    GrouchoM and jameswatchsd like this.

That double split is

jameswatchsd likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Genuishevitz View Post
    That double split is

Thanks, I’ve been really enjoying it!

Quote Originally Posted by ar7iste View Post
    Thanks mate, I appreciate the detailed post! There are some killer pieces there, and the Double Split is such an underrated watch, it looks fantastic.

I’m not sure why but I do take my watches off as soon as I get home but always put one on if I leave for any reason. So when I don’t leave home, it just seems natural to not wear one. I guess the use is limited inside my home as watches are either “tools” to me or art pieces to be worn and enjoyed in real life situations (meaning outside). Now that I think of it maybe I should wear them at home too, never really thought about it.
    I think this deserves a post of it’s own, asking how many others do this? I bet you are 1%er around these parts.

Myself, I can change my watch 3 or 4 times in a day without ever leaving the house

Quote Originally Posted by jameswatchsd View Post
    Thanks, I’ve been really enjoying it!

Porsche and a Lange......and I assume a hot young blond in the passenger seat!

Current Collection: Rolex Air-King (116900), Tudor North Flag (91210N), Grand Seiko 9F (STGF267)...............
    Next Acquisitions (ideally): Rolex Sea Dweller-Deep Sea, Blancpain Villeret Grande Date

jameswatchsd likes this.
    Current Collection: Rolex Air-King (116900), Tudor North Flag (91210N), Grand Seiko 9F (STGF267)...............
    Next Acquisitions (ideally): Rolex Sea Dweller-Deep Sea, Blancpain Villeret Grande Date

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information