Held Journe for 1st time recently and was dazzled by the movement. Give me your Top 3 for movements
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Held Journe for 1st time recently and was dazzled by the movement. Give me your Top 3 for movements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Held Journe for 1st time recently and was dazzled by the movement. Give me your Top 3 for movements

I was completely mesmerized by the movement of the FP Journe. If I owned that watch I'd likely take it off constantly to admire the backside. Right now my Top 3 brands for movements I've personally held would be:

1. Journe
    2. ALS
    3. Bvlgari, specifically just the peripheral rotor on the Octo Finissimo GMT

I have to agree on FPJ and ALS - the Souverain and Datograph movements are works of art. The Minerva 13.21 is no slouch and Patek chrono movements are worth a mention, of course. But when I showed my wife the Datograph and turned it over, even she as a non-WIS was blown away...
    Reeser1 likes this.

Re: Held Journe for 1st time recently and was dazzled by the movement. Give me your Top 3 for moveme

Interesting topic but...

Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar_917 View Post
    ^^ tells the truth on Internet forums
    So many watches, So little time...
    dbostedo likes this.
    SoOoO many watches, SoOoO little time...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Held Journe for 1st time recently and was dazzled by the movement. Give me your Top 3 for moveme

Maybe not the most dazzling but I like these . . .
    Attached Images Attached Images

ajbutler13 likes this.
    ALS * anOrdain * AP * Beaubleu * BP * Cartier * DD&S * Direnzo * Fears * Hentschel * Invicta * IWC * JLC * Marnaut * Pancor * Rolex * Revolution * Stowa * Tiffany * Timor

"The deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

I think this one should be in the conversation

I have yet to experience an FP Journe in-person! Going to try next time I'm back in Vancouver, especially as I REALLY want one right now.

Out of the watches I own right now, my Lange & Sohne ref 101.031 has the most beautiful movement.
    Name:  00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190819151605696_COVER.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  188.5 KB
    Name:  61671370_10161727850205468_5946486292664549376_n.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  140.9 KB

Here's a picture I found of an FP Journe movement online that made me hungry for one, I think I saw it in the FS forum here. Absolutely stunning!
    Name:  edit.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  1.58 MB
    Reeser1 likes this.

Brands aren't movements though, so its a trick question.

My top three 'brands' for movements will all be independents! Philippe Dufour, Roger Smith, and Seiko's microartist studio. Pictures stolen from the web.

Just wanted to say I really liked drhr's Breguet with the power reserve indicator on the back in post #4. Really cool.

Journe's movements are definitely spectacular, even though I'm not overly enthusiastic about their dials and other design traits.

I'm biased since I own one, but IMO the work Seiko does with Credor is right up there with the absolute best:

Name:  Credor barrel 1.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  338.9 KB

Name:  Credor bridge 2.jpg
Views: 134
Size:  226.5 KB

Name:  Credor bridge 1.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  254.8 KB

Name:  Credor countersink.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  273.1 KB

Also completely agree about Lange:

Name:  Up Down Balance Cock 1 cropped.jpeg
Views: 129
Size:  520.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Journe's movements are definitely spectacular, even though I'm not overly enthusiastic about their dials and other design traits.

I'm biased since I own one, but IMO the work Seiko does with Credor is right up there with the absolute best:
    Wow are those macro shots of your Eichi2? Looks like the rose gold version - a dream watch for me. How are you liking it?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information