Help, could anyone tell me more about this Breguet? Breguet in general?
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By SLWoodster
  • 2 Post By ar7iste
  • 1 Post By ithardin

Thread: Help, could anyone tell me more about this Breguet? Breguet in general?

Help, could anyone tell me more about this Breguet? Breguet in general?

I was at a wedding this past wknd. So many heavy hitters. Multiple diamond dialed presidents, even diamond bezeled APs. I enjoy watch spotting, "in the wild" sightings. But at this matrimony even the women were wearing Panerai.

While getting ready for reception, I notice this group of older relatives put this watch to their ear. Thinking to myself "OMG is that a minute repeater?!?!?!", I butted myself in for a look and introduced myself. We swapped watches for a moment. The owner is a collector of Breguet and though it was loud we connected briefly as WIS.

Wanted to learn more about this watch and Breguet as I really don't know much about them at all. What's this reference? What's the significance of this watch? Any interesting things about Breguet would help.

Thanks for your info WUS!

Name:  8gFS6Ho.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  2.27 MB

Name:  nap9A7C.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  1.93 MB
    KtWUS and ithardin like this.
    __

"Time and tide wait for no man, the future depends on what we do in the present."

Re: Help, could anyone tell me more about this Breguet? Breguet in general?

It’s a Tradition Chronograph, Reference 7077. More info here:

https://www.breguet.com/en/timepieces/tradition/7077

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello,

What you have here is a Breguet Tradition Chronograph independent, reference 7077. The Breguet Tradition line is a more demonstrative line that puts a part of the escapement on the dial side, as a tribute to "souscription" watches back in Breguet's days, trying to mimick the layout of those pocket watches built in the early 1800s. One of the most iconic visual feature is the pare-chute system which was sort of the ancestor of the incabloc. It prevents the regulating organs from suffering too much from exterior shock. It is purely aesthetic on the Tradition line though as a proper incabloc system is also present.

Name:  breguet-souscription-f4.jpg
Views: 110
Size:  88.1 KB

The ref 7077 however is an incredible beast for many reasons. It is a technologically advanced chronograph that uses 2 separate mechanisms (2 balance wheels), that run at difference frequencies (3Hz and 5Hz for the chronograph). Here is a link that talks about it more in-depth and with proper english: Horbiter discovery of the 7077.

All the best,
    A.
    Churlish and GrouchoM like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ar7iste View Post
    Hello,

What you have here is a Breguet Tradition Chronograph independent, reference 7077. The Breguet Tradition line is a more demonstrative line that puts a part of the escapement on the dial side, as a tribute to "souscription" watches back in Breguet's days, trying to mimick the layout of those pocket watches built in the early 1800s. One of the most iconic visual feature is the pare-chute system which was sort of the ancestor of the incabloc. It prevents the regulating organs from suffering too much from exterior shock. It is purely aesthetic on the Tradition line though as a proper incabloc system is also present.

The ref 7077 however is an incredible beast for many reasons. It is a technologically advanced chronograph that uses 2 separate mechanisms (2 balance wheels), that run at difference frequencies (3Hz and 5Hz for the chronograph). Here is a link that talks about it more in-depth and with proper english: Horbiter discovery of the 7077.

All the best,
    A.
    Helpful info, thank you!
    __

"Time and tide wait for no man, the future depends on what we do in the present."

*jaw drops*

THAT...is absolutely stunning. I heard an angelic chorus when I saw those pictures.

And then I made the mistake of looking up the price.

Crushing despair in 3...2...1...*sad mode engaged*

This must be what Sideshow Bob meant when he told Bart he would send him to heaven before sending him to hell.
    dbostedo likes this.

I don't know if this helps but all you have to do is type in Breguet into Google and you'll find hundreds of articles of the company. In fact one of the most famous of watchmakers.

And type in the model number and you'll find dozens of articles on this watch when it came out, lots of critiques, and lots of possible ads for sale.

Thread Information