Help IDing AP & JLC
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TedPhatana

Thread: Help IDing AP & JLC

Help IDing AP & JLC

I went to spend some time with a close friend the other day. Rest assured I was masked and gloved and 6 feet away.

He went through a 5 year spell where he went overboard buying high end watches. He has since handed out most pieces to his family members. His dad has an epic Daytona that he paid just $14K for. Anyway I’ve been recruited to dispose of the rest of the collection so help identifying the ref numbers is appreciated. I don’t know much about APs and JLCs. I’m an Omega and Panerai guy.

Much appreciated. He has more btw...

AD (Instagram @officine_scrivano)
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

Re: Help IDing AP & JLC

The JLC is the Master Compressor Geographic, I had the exact same one. Q1718470
    lo_scrivano likes this.
    “I shall pass this way but once; any good that I can do or
    any kindness I can show to any human being; let me do it now.
    Let me not defer nor neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.” Etienne de Grellet.

“[E]very [person] I meet is my superior in some way, and in that I learn from [that person].” Ralph Waldo Emerson.

“If you argue and rankle and contradict, you may achieve
    a victory sometimes; but it will be an empty victory because
    you will never get your opponent's good will.” Ben Franklin.

Hi!

The 2 AP look like they are from the previous generation of Offshore Chronograph, generation 26170ST and 26170 TI (the first is steel and second titanium). They exist in a variety of colors that impact the price significantly. I could be wrong.
    They are still selling for a decent chunk of money second hand, around $15k for the cheapest ones on chrono24 for these 2 colors schemes.

If you don’t know what to do with the grey dial one, I can offer to send it to me for safekeeping. I can keep it on my wrist for a few years for free!

All the best,
    A.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Help IDing AP & JLC

Quote Originally Posted by ar7iste View Post
    Hi!

The 2 AP look like they are from the previous generation of Offshore Chronograph, generation 26170ST and 26170 TI (the first is steel and second titanium). They exist in a variety of colors that impact the price significantly. I could be wrong.
    They are still selling for a decent chunk of money second hand, around $15k for the cheapest ones on chrono24 for these 2 colors schemes.

If you don’t know what to do with the grey dial one, I can offer to send it to me for safekeeping. I can keep it on my wrist for a few years for free!

All the best,
    A.
    Quote Originally Posted by TedPhatana View Post
    The JLC is the Master Compressor Geographic, I had the exact same one. Q1718470
    Thank you both. This is a helpful starting point.

AD (Instagram @officine_scrivano)
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going

Thread Information