JLC Tribute to Deep Sea Chrono VS. IWC 3904-04 Portuguese Chrono Classic

Poll: JLC Tribute to Deep Sea or IWC 3904-04 Portuguese Chrono Classic

Thread: JLC Tribute to Deep Sea Chrono VS. IWC 3904-04 Portuguese Chrono Classic

JLC Tribute to Deep Sea Chrono VS. IWC 3904-04 Portuguese Chrono Classic

Hello, I have decided I want to add a nice chronograph to my small collection. I only had a few requirements when I started my search and one of them being it had to have an in-house movement. So after weeks of looking at everything that interested me, I have finally narrowed it down to two watches. Now I am having real trouble picking from the two as they are both very nice in different ways. I am looking for something that I can wear all the time and these both seem to fit the bill. They are also both in the same price range. I am looking for any advice. Thanks

Re: JLC Tribute to Deep Sea Chrono VS. IWC 3904-04 Portuguese Chrono Classic

I have been a big fan of JLC for a very long time. The JLC Tribute to Deep Sea Chronograph (Ref 206.85.70) is a great watch for sure and one I might actually purchase myself at some point. And, yes, the JLC Caliber 758 is an in-house movement; unfortunately you can’t see it due to the solid case back (which is a little odd given its only rated to 100m). A great looking sport/dive watch for sure. Have you tried this one on?

That said, not sure it’s a fair comparison to the IWC Portuguese Chronograph Classic (Ref IW390403 or 04), which is less sporty and significantly more dressy. As you mentioned, it also has an in-house movement, IWC-manufactured 89361 Caliber which can be seen through the open case back. I know this one pretty well as I took delivery of my own last week (in Rose Gold, IW390405) and think it an awesome watch.

It’s a tough choice and, frankly, you won’t go wrong with either watch. But, given you are looking for an all-rounder, I would choose the IWC.
    "Two Things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." Albert Einstein

JLC is more sporty, 100m WR with last generation integrated chronograph movement in ceramic case, virtually scratchproof. You can use this watch for whatever more rugged than IWC
    IWC more dressy, 30m WR, more classy. A perfect watch for the office and even formal occasions. But not the best choice for you next trip to the beach.
    So it depends on the use you will be given to this watch.
    Jorge
    Patek Phillippe - Audemars Piguet - Rolex

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Asia - HK, Singapore, Kuala Lumpur, Shanghai

I hate to say, but it's a JLC no brainer.

Thread Information