Lange Sax-O-Mat Design Flaw?
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Lange Sax-O-Mat Design Flaw?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lange Sax-O-Mat Design Flaw?

Here is a link that shows there may well be a design flaw and/or bad quality control with the Lange Sax-O-Mat:

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=689176

Re: Lange Sax-O-Mat Design Flaw?

Not a QC issue, just a poorly implemented method of keeping that wheel steady and true, IMO.
    One presumes they have decided that the best result is to allow the marking to occur on a highly polished surface (not to mention reducing frictional losses) rather than brushed or other decorative finish.
    I doubt there’ll be anything offered other than a cursory sympathetic response, as it would require being re-engineered, and presumably they arrived at this solution after thinking of alternative ways and means of achieving the same aim.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ S View Post
    Not a QC issue, just a poorly implemented method of keeping that wheel steady and true, IMO.
    One presumes they have decided that the best result is to allow the marking to occur on a highly polished surface (not to mention reducing frictional losses) rather than brushed or other decorative finish.
    I doubt there’ll be anything offered other than a cursory sympathetic response, as it would require being re-engineered, and presumably they arrived at this solution after thinking of alternative ways and means of achieving the same aim.
    You are almost certainly correct. Nevertheless, if Lange knows about the problem and seemingly is "fine" with it is not acceptable.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

TJMike...Hello.

Considering the many ( many! ) years that this Company's been in business--and the vast reservoir of knowledge as relates to proper mechanical design and fabrication that they have surely acquired--I respectfully suggest that what we are looking at here is a rare--very rare--instance where a mis-alignment / mistake in fabrication or assembly has occurred.

It is a simple matter to design this wheel so that it never rubs against anything that will damage it.

Let's allow Lange the 'benefit of the doubt' here, and assume that this situation is Rare, and is being attended to at the Factory.

Michael.
    nicholasnick likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Maddan View Post
    TJMike...Hello.

Considering the many ( many! ) years that this Company's been in business--and the vast reservoir of knowledge as relates to proper mechanical design and fabrication that they have surely acquired--I respectfully suggest that what we are looking at here is a rare--very rare--instance where a mis-alignment / mistake in fabrication or assembly has occurred.

It is a simple matter to design this wheel so that it never rubs against anything that will damage it.

Let's allow Lange the 'benefit of the doubt' here, and assume that this situation is Rare, and is being attended to at the Factory.

Michael.
    I would give Lange the benefit of doubt (and I am a big fan of the brand), except the issue appears on a number of Sax-O-Mat models. It is just not a “bad” batch.

Here is a picture of mine after I bought it (new) early this year; it appears pristine, although I realize that's not dispositive of the issue. Next week I can take a look and see if there are any signs now that it's been running for months.

Name:  Lange AC Back copy.jpg
Views: 138
Size:  30.1 KB

Hmmmm, if design flaw, could the Sax AC be affected with it's micro rotor setup, though maybe not the exact movement calibre?
    ALS * anOrdain * AP * Beaubleu * BP * Cartier * DD&S * Direnzo * Fears * Hentschel * Invicta * IWC * JLC * Marnaut * Pancor * Rolex * Revolution * Stowa * Tiffany * Timor

"The deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Hmmmm, if design flaw, could the Sax AC be affected with it's micro rotor setup, though maybe not the exact movement calibre?
    Mine is a Saxonia AC.
    drhr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlcor View Post
    Mine is a Saxonia AC.
    Thanks mlcor . . . I've always like that model, hopefully you will experience no problems and it can continue to be a piece that I hope to acquire one day . . .
    ALS * anOrdain * AP * Beaubleu * BP * Cartier * DD&S * Direnzo * Fears * Hentschel * Invicta * IWC * JLC * Marnaut * Pancor * Rolex * Revolution * Stowa * Tiffany * Timor

"The deeper the roots, the higher the reach" - author unknown

Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself. - Rumi

Quote Originally Posted by drhr View Post
    Thanks mlcor . . . I've always like that model, hopefully you will experience no problems and it can continue to be a piece that I hope to acquire one day . . .
    I will post to this thread again when I have the opportunity to look at the movement as it is now, after six months of use...
    drhr and ar7iste like this.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information