Laureato vs. Seventies for 8k
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Laureato vs. Seventies for 8k

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Laureato vs. Seventies for 8k

Same price blue steel watch. What say you? I'm a GO guy, but that gp dial!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Watchbreath and ajbutler13 like this.
    GO PML, Omega Mark II, LLD, Meister Telemeter, DA36, Ianos Avyssos, Tropik SS, Zelos

Re: Laureato vs. Seventies for 8k

GP has these nice angles making the dial/case combination very pleasing to look at and it never gets boring. The GO is a simpler watch visually, but beautiful nonetheless. I still prefer GP. But as people always rightfully say here - pick what ultimately pleases your eye and not of the random person on the forum :)

Tough choice... but I'd go Laureato.
    ​Grand Seiko SBGE033, Glashutte Original Sixties Panorama Date, Jaquest Droz Grande Seconde, Breitling Navitimer Cosmonaute, Prometheus Piranha, Orient Wingman, Zeppelin Flatline 7366-3, Glashutte Original PanoMaticLunar, Epos Emotion 3390, Steinhart Ocean 2 Premium, Hamilton Khaki Field, Omega 1965 Vintage, Seiko 5 SNKK27, Seiko 1977 Vintage, Nomos Orion 38, Wittnauer 1960's Vintage, Movado SL1 Chrono, Seiko SBQK085, Cyma Le Locle, Casio Oceanus OCW-S100-1AJF

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The GP is visually more interesting overall. The GO: square 40 mm is big. I'd go GP...even before going for the 38 rather than the 42.
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

I would go for the GP! The GO's case is very big in real life, not thick, but it takes a lot of real estate. Plus GP has a great dial and a matching date window, and I prefer GP's bracelet.

I looked at both, and went with the GO. Both are very nice, though, and strictly a case of personal preference. It didn't hurt that I got a very good price from a GO authorized dealer. I also think the GO brand is a bit better, but again, others may well think otherwise.

Laureato for me as well. GO is cool but it’s thick, and very broad - wears big as others have pointed out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the GO dial is mesmerizing. I'd be going in that direction.
    ajbutler13 likes this.

The one thing that may swing the balance in one direction rather than the other, is that the Glashutte Original has a micro-adjustment in the clasp, activated by the push button logo on it.
    If your wrists don’t change size much during the day or you are fine with the watch having a bit of freedom to move about your wrist, then that feature would be redundant, and it’ll be down to whichever looks/feels nicest on your wrist.

Just out of curiosity, is there something you could sell to release the additional funding in order to have both?
    Also remember/be aware that the GO date wheels were changed from white to colour matched during production, within 8-12 months, iirc, and all the better for it.
    If both can be an option, I’d suggest going with the grey dial on the Seventies.
    Last edited by PJ S; November 3rd, 2019 at 20:41.

The GP is growing on me a lot - but I personally find the seventies to look a little bloated.
    Current Collection: Tudor Pelagos Blue, JLC Master Geographic, Seagull 1963

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information