Louis Moinet
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Louis Moinet

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Louis Moinet

Just stopped in for a visit to a fine jewelry store near me and to pick up some watch mags. to read. They also specialize in some swiss haute horology pieces. Got to speaking with owner who only had to ask me once to try on this LE '20 second' Tempograph. Titanium-109gm.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Nikrnic; January 7th, 2020 at 17:06.
    John Price, WTSP and MarioCobos like this.

Re: Louis Moinet

damn!

I like the brand. I previously owned three LM's: The Mecanograph, the Geograph, and the Jules Verne Instrument 3. All had top quality construction.
    Nikrnic and MarioCobos like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Awesome look and finishing. I wish the sub dial would be bigger though.

I’d been wondering if they had shared movements with DeWitt. On closer inspection it seems that they’re different. LM does make really cool watches. The grey market dealers offered a number of fire sales on their Valjoux based entry level models, but I managed to resist.

Quote Originally Posted by WTSP View Post
    I’d been wondering if they had shared movements with DeWitt. On closer inspection it seems that they’re different. LM does make really cool watches. The grey market dealers offered a number of fire sales on their Valjoux based entry level models, but I managed to resist.
    They share the same movement maker. Concepto makes many of the movements that LM uses and it looks DeWitt uses Concepto as well.

I wish it was possible to buy lower cost, unbranded watches direct from Concepto, Technotime, or Agenhor. Lemania has had its own watches for a while. Zenith was a bit like that in the eighties but then decided to revive itself as fully fledged brand.
    MarioCobos likes this.

I have owned two of their watches and the issue I had was the size of the sub dials.

Quote Originally Posted by murokello View Post
    Awesome look and finishing. I wish the sub dial would be bigger though.

Quote Originally Posted by WTSP View Post
    I wish it was possible to buy lower cost, unbranded watches direct from Concepto, Technotime, or Agenhor. Lemania has had its own watches for a while. Zenith was a bit like that in the eighties but then decided to revive itself as fully fledged brand.
    The thing is, they can focus exclusively on the movement, and creating a case is highly complex but also very demanding financially. And the same goes with designing a coherent watch. That’s why in many industries suppliers are key to specific knowledge and technologies.
    In the automotive industry, the same supplier will do seats or bumpers for BMW, Honda, Ford and Aston Martin. They won’t be the same quality or at the same price, nor do they have same materials or finishing, but they will benefit from the know how of the supplier.

Quote Originally Posted by ar7iste View Post
    The thing is, they can focus exclusively on the movement, and creating a case is highly complex but also very demanding financially. And the same goes with designing a coherent watch. That’s why in many industries suppliers are key to specific knowledge and technologies.
    In the automotive industry, the same supplier will do seats or bumpers for BMW, Honda, Ford and Aston Martin. They won’t be the same quality or at the same price, nor do they have same materials or finishing, but they will benefit from the know how of the supplier.
    I’m sure there’s practical reasons why it isn’t done. But I have to say that if one of those exotic movements where available in a plastic Swatch case, no dial and basic hands at a reasonable price, I’d probably buy one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information